We, at “Mumbai Outdoors” welcome you for a one day Trek to Peb Fort (Vikatgad) on 26th July '15 (Sunday).
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 2200 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Neral
Location: Peb is a fort located near Neral; between Panorama Point (Matheran) and Nakhind Hill.
Fort Peb is situated on northeast side of Panvel, which is easily accessible from Mumbai-Pune road or Neral-Matheran Route. This is the most beautiful one-day trek, there is a dense forest on the way to the fort Peb. The fort is also named as ‘VikatGad’. Historical references clearly indicate that Shivaji Maharaj used the caves on the fort as silos for grain storage.
Iternary Details: -
Sunday 26 July 2015.
Meeting point: Neral Railway Station 08.00 am (East Side Ticket Window).
Please catch below Train from Central Railway
CST– Karjat Fast Local Train Timing
CST - 06:16 am
Byculla - 06:23 am
Dadar - 06:30 am
Kurla - 06:37 am
Ghatkopar - 6:41 am
Thane - 6:56 am
Dombivali - 7:08 am
Kalyan - 7:16 am
Neral - 7:54am
Pls do keep 5-10 minutes buffer time due to some recent changes in railway time table …. Pls do carry your return tickets.
08:30 Hrs: Move towards connected railway station by Taxi
09:00 Hrs: @ Vikatgad railway track route
10:15 Hrs: @ connected Vikatgad station (Kadyatla Ganpati)
11:00 Hrs: Atop Peb Fort
Exploration, Lunch & Rest time till 13:30 Hrs
13:30 Hrs: Descend to Neral via otherside
17:00 Hrs: @ Neral Stn.
We will be back in Mumbai around 19:00 Hrs…
Some previous memories of monsoon trek in form of snaps: -
Things To Carry: -
Pls do carry Lunch for the day
Drinking Water (2.00 Ltrs a must)
1. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has hands free while trekking.
2. Camera, Cell Phone (Optional)
3. Pls avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
4. Please avoid to wear slippers & chapels. (Prefer Trek shoes)
5. Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
6. Medicine those if u require usually (Optional)
7. Personal basic medical kit (Containing an antiseptic, few bandages, personal medications if any, Antibiotics for stomach infection)
8. Rain Cheater (Jacket).
The Estimated expenditure is about Rs. 350 / – per head (Rs 50/- discount for members)
This includes Morning Breakfast + Tea, Travelling fare from Neral to Neral, refreshment & expertise Charges.
To see our all events details. Please visit our blogger – mumbaioutdoors.blogspot.com
Mumbai Outdoors object
Mumbai Outdoors is an organization open for all those who want to be close to nature and taste the new levels in adventure.
We are a people who believe that best way to unwind is getting closer to nature or try new levels of thrilling adventure activities.
So here we are a group of professional adventure experts who’ll help you unwind or attain new levels of adventure.
Rules & Regulation With Declaration:
Safety is our prime concern and we don't make compromises for the same.
A Few rules that all participants must follow:
1. Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in trash box.
2. Do not disturb the flora and fauna. No making pretty bouquets of grabbed flowers and blooms.
3. No feeding and intimidating birds and other animals.
4. Do not destroy/ write on archaeological or historical monuments.
5. Chewing Tobacco, Consumption of Cigarette and Alcohol is strictly not being permitted during the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the trek. No REFUND will be provided.
6. The ‘Leader’s’ decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
7. Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
8. In case of any injury, sickness, accident, death, Bike accident or any other casualty or loss or damage of valuables or luggage or any equipment; Mumbai Outdoors, it’s instructors, organizers, volunteers or any other person involved wholly or partially, either individually or jointly, shall not be responsible in any manner for the same and no claims (any kind) of the participants, parents, guardians, relatives or friends of participants will be entertained.
9. It is of utmost importance that all participants stick together in the group.
10. Mumbai Outdoors reserves the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice. No arguments or refunds will be entertained.
11. Adventure activity is arranged considering normal weather. In case of occurrence of any natural calamities, if event is cancelled, in such circumstances NO REFUND will be provided.
Team “Mumbai Outdoors”