Dukes Nose Rappelling Rappelling Height: 300 fts, & Traverse 1000 fts. 07th Dec. 2014 (Sunday)
Feel The Real Adventure……
Here comes most opportunity of the season, to rappell at Dukes Nose Rappelling,
After the overwhelming response to our many batch, we at Mumbai Outdoors have arranged al Rappelling at Dukes Nose Rappelling,this also covers a superb and thrilling traversing of almost 1000 feet.
We have successfully completed this camp many times in the past. Last camp was held on 08th November & 09th November 2014.
Attached a link to visit photo album of the camp held on 08th November & 09th November 2014.
Place: Duke's nose, Lonavala
Base village: Kurvande
Rappelling Height: 300 ft, Traverse 1000 ft.
Date: - Sunday, 9th, November,2014
Grade: Medium Technical/Thrilling
Blogger: - mumbaioutdoors.over-blog.com
Dukes Nose near Khandala which is named after Duke Wellington, is a huge pinnacle seen while traveling from Mumbai to Pune. The sight from top is unique and magnificent as one sees a vast landscape and the winding Mumbai-Pune expressway cutting through the ghats and trains chugging along the tracks.
It's famous for rappelling, rock climbing and valley crossing activities.
Rappelling (English Name) also known as abseiling (German Name) is a method of a quick and safe descend after a climb. It’s an act of descending a mountain face by sliding down a rope, which is attached to a body harness and fastened to an overhead projection, with sufficient friction provided as to make the speed of descent controllable.
For all outdoor development programs, the importance of quality instructors and equipment is most critical. Mumbai Outdoors & its technical team prides itself in its technical skills and expertise in which we make no compromise. Our technical team is a set of highly skilled & certified mountaineers with knowledge and experience in adventure for over 12 years.
All equipment purchased and used follows international safety standards in terms of quality & usage. The equipment is carefully chosen and tested by our outdoor experts before it is approved for use in the field thereby ensuring total safety.
Plan No. 1 (Saturday, 06th December. 2014)
07.30 pm: Meet & Greet at Lonaval station (Friday 6th December, 2014.
09.00 pm: Reach Dukes Nose base camp and have Dinner.
10.00 pm: Start the trek to Dukes Nose.
10.45 pm: Night Stay in the Tent.
Day 2 (Sunday)
06.00 am: Good Morning, wakeup call, Berakfast
07.00 am: Training and harnessing followed by the main event.
01:00 pm: Move from base camp towards Lonavala.
02:00 pm: Lunch at Base Camp
03:00 pm: Move towards Lonavala.
04:00 pm: reach at Lonavala.
Deccon Queen Express Time Table as given below.
Station Name Departs
Mumbai CST 17:10
Karjat Junction 18:35
Pune Participants catch any local train plying towards Lonavala and meet us at Lonavala station at 7.30 pm.
Cost of the Saturday Stay & Sunday Rappelling Event will be Rs. 1,900/- INR per head.
Cost 0f the Rappelling Event will be Only Sunday Rs. 1500/-
Lonavala 2 Lonavala transportation fare for private vehicle (Non-A/c),
All Technical gear and equipment,
Services of expert instructors.
Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Seats will be first come 1st basis with Advance payment only ...
Special discount will be given on group bookings...!!
Things to be carried:
• Good shoes or floaters (Shoes preferred)
• Water 3 liters (must)
• Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing GOLD and other jewelry
(at own risk)
• Electoral powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits
• Scarf for Ladies is a MUST while rappelling.
• Personal medicines & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution,
• Torch with extra batteries.
Charges as given below:
1) Rs 1,900/- per head (if you want to join us from Saturday, 06th Dec.-14)
2) Rs. 1,500/- per head for Sunday plan as per above
EMAIL ID:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules & Regulations
Safety is our prime concern and we don't make compromises for the same.
A Few rules that all participants must follow:
1. Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in trash box.
2. Do not disturb the flora and fauna. No making pretty bouquets of grabbed flowers and blooms.
3. No feeding and intimidating birds and other animals.
4. Do not destroy/ write on archaeological or historical monuments.
5. Chewing Tobacco, Consumption of Cigarette and Alcohol is strictly not being permitted during the event. Anyone found in possession of the same or consuming it will be expelled from the trek. No REFUND will be provided.
6. The ‘Leader’s’ decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
7. Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
8. In case of any injury, sickness, accident, death, Bike accident or any other casualty or loss or damage of valuables or luggage or any equipment; Mumbai Outdoors, it’s instructors, organizers, volunteers or any other person involved wholly or partially, either individually or jointly, shall not be responsible in any manner for the same and no claims (any kind) of the participants, parents, guardians, relatives or friends of participants will be entertained.
9. It is of utmost importance that all participants stick together in the group. Must follow time management.
10. Mumbai Outdoors reserves the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice. No arguments or refunds will be entertained.
11. Adventure activity is arranged considering normal weather. In case of occurrence of any natural calamities, if event is cancelled, in such circumstances NO REFUND will be provided.
12. In case of cancellation of event, from participant's side, money will be returned to those who have enrolled, with
1. In case cancellation done before, 10 days, Rs. 500/- will be deducted.
2. In case cancellation done before, 1 week of Event, Rs. 1,000 will be deducted.
3. In case cancellation done on same day as tour is leaving or left, no refund will be given.
4. for Registered Members –
a) In case cancellation done prior to 48 hrs. from event day 100% will be refund.
b) In case cancellation done prior to 24 hrs. from event day 50% will be refund.
Team “Mumbai Outdoors "