In the beginning of the 17th century, as the Portuguese started acquiring Salsette and Versova, they built the Madh fort. The records of 1720, mention that the Madh fort is very narrow and deep. It is also said to have the best bay on the coastline. In 1728, Madh fort was functioning poorly. A treaty was signed between Marathas and Portuguese in 1732 in which the Marathas demanded the handover of Versova. In 1774, it again fell into the hands of Portuguese and later at the beginning of 19th century, when the military colleges at Colaba and Mahim were closed down, Madh became the training centre for new recruits. Till 1818, there was an army base here, and after Independence it came under the authority of Indian Air Force.
(Information & Photo Courtesy: Internet)
This photo walk is for whom?
- Shutter Bugs (Photographers)
- Nature / Monuments Lovers
- Children / School Children's
- Families / Friends
- In short Everyone !!!
Photo Walk Schedule:
- Reach Malad Station @ 7:00 am.
- Take a Bus to Madh Fort from Malad station.
- Reach Madh Jetty by 8:00 am.
- Explore the area around the Madh Fort.
- Visit the Madh Fort.
- Wrap up around 11:00 am and start return journey towards Malad station
- Bid adieu and return to respective destinations.
- 1-2 Ltrs Water (MUST) - Do not carry throw able mineral bottles - only bottles like tupper ware are allowed in the park.
- Breakfast for the Day
- Camera (Optional - Capture the moments in your Heart !!!)
All expenses will be done as per they arise, by individual members, This event is for Photography and fun.
Confirmation call on: Nikhil 9820432576
- All our Photo-walk's are Eco-friendly, kindly take care of nature around us.
- Smoking and Drinking alcohol during, Photo-walk is strictly prohibited if anyone found doing that will be expelled from Photo-walk without refund.
- Respect the Heritage and culture. Do Not Litter, Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
- Leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
- Moments Shoot is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent.
Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/moments.shoot
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/199624386884740/