Birding @ Bhimashankar
A pristine natural environment with hills, waterfalls and forests; a wild life sanctuary and an ancient temple! Bhimashankar offers the ideal setting to find spirituality. It is also the perfect place for adventure lovers with a plethora of treks. Moreover this is where you can find the shekru the giant flying squirrel which is also the state animal of Maharashtra.
The Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary is part of the Western Ghats recognised as one of the 12 biodiversity hotspots of the world. It is home to a large diversity of endemic and specialised flora and fauna. It is also an important catchment area which feeds the rivers Bhima and Ghod that flow downstream. The Forest Interpretation Centre equipped with a library and nature-related guidance and interpretation, is a wonderful place for children and adults alike to learn about nature and adventure.
This photo walk is for whom?
1. Nature/Bird Lovers
2. Shutter Bugs (Photographers)
3. Children / School Children's
4. Families / Friends
5. In short Everyone !!!
Photo Walk Schedule:
5th Mar 2016
- Catch the Fast Train for Karjat from Mumbai CST, which start at 07:55 pm (Time Table Given Below)
- Get down at Neral Station by 9:30 pm
- Move towards Khandas Base village, by private vehicle
- Dinner at Khandas
- Take rest
Mumbai_CST 7:55 PM
Byculla 8:02 PM
Dadar 8:08 PM
Kurla 8:15 PM
Ghatkopar 8:19 PM
Mulund 8:31 PM
Thane 8:35 PM
Dombivili 8:47 PM
Kalyan 8:56 PM
Vithalwadi 9:00 PM
Ulhasnagar 9:02 PM
Ambernath 9:06 PM
Badlapur 9:13 PM
Vangani 9:22 PM
Shelu 9:26 PM
Neral 9:30 PM
Bhivpuri 9:37 PM
Karjat 9:48 PM
6th Mar 2016
- Wakeup early in the morning
- Get fresh and have breakfast.
- Start the small trek from Ganesh Ghat
- Witness the rare species of birds & try to shoot them... with Camera :)
- Explore the area.
- Start the return journey @ 10:00 am
- Reach Neral Station by 12:30 pm
- Bid adieu and return to respective destinations.
Things to Carry:
- 2-3 Ltrs Water (MUST)
- CAP (MUST)
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Camera (Optional - Capture the moments in your Heart !!!)
- Extra cloths
- Dry snacks
- Torch with extra batteries
- A Bag to put all these things
Cost: Rs. 700/- per person
Confirmation & bookings call on: Nikhil 9820 432 576
Bank Name: State Bank Of India
Account ID: 33610723284
Account Type: Saving Account
Account Name: Nikhil Gaikwad
Branch: Majiwade Thane
Branch Code: 013377
IFSC Code: SBIN0013377
- Private Non AC vehicle from Neral to Neral
- Breakfast, Dinner
- Expertise & Guide charges
Cancellation and Refund policy:
- 15 days before the Tour 25% charges will apply (i.e, 75% will be refunded).
- Within 15 days but 10 Days of Tour 50% charges will apply (i.e, 50% will be refunded)
- Within 10 Days or No show 100% charges will apply (i.e, NO refund).
- All our Photo-walk's are Eco-friendly, kindly take care of nature around us.
- Smoking and Drinking alcohol during, Photo-walk is strictly prohibited if anyone found doing that will be expelled from Photo-walk without refund.
- Respect the Heritage and culture. Do Not Litter, Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
- Leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
- Moments Shoot is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent.
Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/moments.shoot
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/199624386884740/