Velas Turtle Festival 2016
Sahyadri Nisarga Mitra, in joint collaboration with the Forest Department, Ratnagiri, Kasav Mitra Mandal Velas and the Velas Gram Panchayat is organising Turtle Festival. The event will be held until the emergence of hatchlings continues. The erratic climatic conditions, including the late onset of winter, have made it difficult to predict the exact dates on which the turtle hatchlings will emerge. Hence, tourists should check the website or the facebook page to get the latest updates on the dates of emergence before visiting. The sites will be updated twice daily. Once the hatchlings begin emerging from the nests, they do so for the subsequent two days, on which they may be viewed.
This was the first residency of the British Raj in Southern Konkan. Although a very beautiful fort dotting the coastline of the Konkan strip, the fort of Himmatgad, now popularly known as Bankot (from the name of nearby village) is not a destination thronged by the tourists. There are couple of reasons attributable to its secluded status. One is that there is very little awareness and historical significance associated with Bankot and other is absence of any major township in the nearby areas contributing to lack of quality accommodation facilities. However, there is no denying that Bankot is a very beautiful fort and surely worth a visit.
One of the finest sea shores in India, Harihareshwar is a nice tourist destination located in the Konkan coast in Maharashtra. Harihareshwar is renowned for its tranquility and picturesque beach. Harihareshwar is also known as Dakshin Kashi by virtue of its importance in the spiritual arena of India, especially with an ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. Harihareshwar, as the name suggest is an abode of Lord Shiva.
This photo walk is for whom?
Photo Walk Schedule
- Gather at Thane Station east @ 11:00 pm
- Start our journey @ 11:30 pm
- Reach Velas in the early morning.
- Get fresh and Visit Velas Beach.
- After breakfast leave for Bankot Fort.
- Explore Bankot Fort
- Have lunch in the afternoon & rest.
- Visit Velas beach again @ 4:30 pm
- Have Dinner @ 8:30 pm
- Early Morning wakeup call @ 5:00 am
- Visit Velas beach @ 6:30 am
- After breakfast leave for Harihareshwar
- Reach Harihareshwar & Visit temple.
- Start the return journey.
- Lunch on the way.
- Reach Thane by 8:30 pm
- Bid adieu and return to respective destinations.
- 2-3 Ltrs Water (MUST)
- CAP (MUST)
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Camera (Optional - Capture the moments in your Heart !!!)
- Extra cloths
- Dry snacks
- Torch with extra batteries
- A Bag to put all these things
Cost: Rs. 2200/- per person
Confirmation & bookings call on: Nikhil 9820 432 576
Bank Name: State Bank Of India
Account ID: 33610723284
Account Type: Saving Account
Account Name: Nikhil Gaikwad
Branch: Majiwade Thane
Branch Code: 013377
IFSC Code: SBIN0013377
- Private Non AC vehicle from Thane to Thane
- Breakfasts, 2 Lunch & 1 Dinner
- Expertise & Guide charges
- Smoking and Drinking alcohol during, Photo-walk is strictly prohibited if anyone found doing that will be expelled from Photo-walk without refund.
- Respect the Heritage and culture. Do Not Litter, Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
- Leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
- Moments Shoot is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent.
Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/moments.shoot
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/199624386884740/