Lohagad is part of the Western Ghats. It rises to an elevation of 1,033 m (3,389 ft) above sea level, and is located to the southwest of the larger Visapur fort. The range divides the basins of the Indrayani and Pavana rivers. Lohagad overlooks the Pavana reservoir, located to the south of the mountain. The hill extends to the northwest to a fortified spur, called Vinchukata (Scorpion's tail) because of its resembling shape. The four large gates of Lohagad are still in good condition and reasonably intact.
The fort as seen from its base during monsoon
During the monsoon, the top of the fort is covered with mist and clouds and becomes particularly wet with growing moss. The roads and trails leading to the hill are quite slippery at this time of the year and precautions are necessary to be taken while venturing the routes.
This tour is for whom?
1. Fort Lovers
2. Shutter Bugs (Photographers)
3. Children / School Children's
4. Families / Friends
5. In short Everyone !!!
Photo Tour Schedule:
1. Catch the Train Indrayani Express (Train TImings: CST-5:40 am, Dadar-5:51 am, Thane-6:14 am, Kalyan-6:33 am)
2. Catch the Lonavla Local Train to Malvali Station from Platform 3 @ 8:15 am
3. Move towards Baje Caves @ 8:25 am
4. Reach @ Bhaje Caves and have breakfast.
5. Visit Bhaje Caves & move towards Lohgad by 9:30 am
6. Reach @ the Top of the Lohgad @ 11:00 am
7. Explore the place till 12:30 pm and start descend
8. Have Lunch @ 1:30 pm
9. Start return journey to Malvali Station by 2:30 pm
10. Reach Malvali @ 5 pm and move to Lanavla by local train.
11. Catch the Bus or Train from Lonavla to Mumbai.
12. Reach Mumbai by 9:00 pm
13. Bid adieu and return to respective destinations.
Things to Carry:
1. 2-3 Ltrs Water (MUST)
3. Sunscreen Lotion
4. Camera (Optional - Capture the moments in your Heart !!!)
5. Extra cloths
6. Dry snacks
7. Torch with extra batteries
8. A Bag to put all these things
Cost: Rs. 450/- per person
Confirmation & bookings call on: Nikhil 9820 432 576
Bank Name: State Bank Of India
Account ID: 33610723284
Account Type: Saving Account
Account Name: Nikhil Gaikwad
Branch: Majiwade Thane
Branch Code: 013377
IFSC Code: SBIN0013377
1. Breakfast, Lunch
2. Entree Fee to Bhaje Caves
1. All our Photo-walk's are Eco-friendly, kindly take care of nature around us.
2. Smoking and Drinking alcohol during, Photo-walk is strictly prohibited if anyone found doing that will be expelled from Photo-walk without refund.
3. Respect the Heritage and culture. Do Not Litter, Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
4. Leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
5. Moments Shoot is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent.
Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/moments.shoot
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/199624386884740/