Khotachiwadi is a Heritage village in Girgaon, Mumbai. If being in 21st century if one want to go back to past and know how was old Mumbai some 100 to 150 years before, then this is a place to be seen. This is Mumbai's oldest preserved settlement. It is comprised of a collection of charming vernacular-style houses, a unique example of 19th century architecture that has survived the onslaught of the modern builder. As you stroll down the unique streetscape of this heritage precinct, you will pass by the beautifully-painted buttercup yellow, red and green cottages belonging to the East Indian community that settled in this area in the early-1800s.
It was founded by Khot, a Pathare prabhu, who sold plots of land to local East Indian families. There used to be 65 of these houses, now reduced to 28 as old buildings are being pulled down to make way for new skyscrapers. Houses are made of wood, with a large open front verandah, a back courtyard and an external staircase to access the top bedroom.
This photo walk is for whom?
1. Monuments Lovers
2. Shutter Bugs (Photographers)
3. Children / School Children's
4. Families / Friends
5. In short Everyone !!!
Photo Walk Schedule:
Gather at Charni Road Station west @ 7:30 am
Breakfast Time (Those who want to skip the breakfast can come @ 8:30 am)
Head towards Khotachwadi
Explore the area and witness the old architecture buglows.
Start the return journey @ 11:00 am
Bid adieu and return to respective destinations.
Things to Carry:
1. 1-2 Ltrs Water
2. Camera (Optional - Capture the moments in your Heart !!!)
4. Breakfast for the Day.
5. Full Sleeves Cloths.
All expenses will be done as per they arise, by individual members, This event is for Photography and fun.
Confirm your participation on: Nikhil 9820 432 576
- All our Photo-walk's are Eco-friendly, kindly take care of nature around us.
- Smoking and Drinking alcohol during, Photo-walk is strictly prohibited if anyone found doing that will be expelled from Photo-walk without refund.
- Respect the Heritage and culture. Do Not Litter, Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
- Leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
- Moments Shoot is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent.
Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/moments.shoot
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/199624386884740/