Peth, also known as ‘Kothaligad’, is situated in Shahapur Taluka, approximately 21Km North East of Karjat. This fort stands tall in the company of various other forts like Rajmachi, Dhak, Siddhagad and Bhimashankar, a witness to our illustrious history.
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. This fort though small in stature has a vast historical background. Mughal chronicles provide us a lot of information on this fort. This fort was more of a ‘defense station’ than a strong fort. Peth was mainly used for ammunition storage. Peth gained importance during Sambhaji’s era.
This photo walk is for whom?
- Nature/Trek Lovers
- Shutter Bugs (Photographers)
- Children / School Children's
- Families / Friends
- In short Everyone !!!
Photo Trek Schedule:
Saturday, 15 July 2017
Miss the Train !!! Miss the Trek !!!
CST – Karjat Fast local
06.10 am : CST
06:24 am : Dadar
06:50 am : Thane
07:02 am : Dombivali
07:10 am : Kalyan
07:44 am : Neral
08:00 am : Karjat
08:15 am : Move to Ambivali village by local transport
09:00 am : Have Breakfast
09:45 am : Start the Ascend
11:00 am : Reach Peth base village.
12:00 pm : Reach Kothaligad & Explore the fort
01:30 pm : Start the descend
02:30 pm : Reach Peth Village & have lunch
03:00 pm : Start descend to Ambivali Village.
05:30 pm : Move to Karjat by Local Transport.
07:00 pm : Bid adieu and return to respective destinations.
Things to Carry:
- 2-3 Ltrs Water (MUST)
- Windcheater (MUST)
- Camera (Optional - Capture the moments in your Heart !!!)
- Extra cloths
- Dry snacks
- Torch with extra batteries
- A Bag to put all these things
Cost: Rs. 550/- per person
Confirmation & bookings call on: Nikhil 9820 432 576
Bank Name: State Bank Of India
Account ID: 33610723284
Account Type: Saving Account
Account Name: Nikhil Gaikwad
Branch: Majiwade Thane
Branch Code: 013377
IFSC Code: SBIN0013377
- Public Transport from Karjat to Karjat
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch
- Expertise & Guide charges
- Any emergency transportation
- Anything not mentioned above
Cancellation and Refund policy:
- 15 days before the Tour 25% charges will apply (i.e, 75% will be refunded).
- Within 15 days but 10 Days of Tour 50% charges will apply (i.e, 50% will be refunded)
- Within 10 Days or No show 100% charges will apply (i.e, NO refund).
- All our Photo-walk's are Eco-friendly, kindly take care of nature around us.
- Smoking and Drinking alcohol during, Photo-walk is strictly prohibited if anyone found doing that will be expelled from Photo-walk without refund.
- Respect the Heritage and culture. Do Not Litter, Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
- Leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
- Moments Shoot is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent.
Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/moments.shoot
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/199624386884740/