25 Km away from Satara District H.Q. & 20 Km away from Northern part of Koyana Sanctuary. Locally called as 'Kas Pathar' or 'Plateau of Flowers'.The major portion of the plateau is Reserve Forest. Kas plateau is listed under the Protection Working Circle. Kas lake (built 100 years ago) is a perennial source of Water supply for western part of Satara city by gravity.It is a glory of satara forest division.
Elements of outstanding Universal Value Plateau is rich in its Bio-diversity. Very IMP for botanical studies and research work. Many species which are still new to the Botanical Science are observed on plateau. Many of the endemic, endangered plants are found on Plateau. Plateau will provide a potential site for future research in botanical studies. More than 850 species of flowering plants are reported. 624 species have entered in the Red Data Book. Out of these 624 sp., 39 sp. are found in Kas Region only.
This tour is for whom?
1. Bio-Diversity Lovers
2. Shutter Bugs (Photographers)
3. Children / School Children's
4. Families / Friends
5. In short Everyone !!!
Photo Tour Schedule:
1. 19th Sep & 3rd Oct- Gather at Thane station east @ 11 pm
2. 19th Sep & 3rd Oct - Start the journey @ 11:30 pm
3. Reach Satara & Refreshment break @ 6 am
4. Reach Ajnaneri Base Village by 10:30 am
5. Reach Kaas Plateau And Experience the Beauty of the Nature.
6. Lunch Time
7. Start the Return Journey by 3:00 pm
8. Reach Thane by 9:00 pm
9. Bid adieu and return to respective destinations.
Things to Carry:
1. 2 Ltrs Water (MUST)
3. Good Trekking Shoes
4. Camera (Optional - Capture the moments in your Heart !!!)
5. Extra cloths
6. Dry snacks
7. Torch with extra batteries
8. A Bag to put all these things
Cost: Rs. 1800/- per person
Confirmation & bookings call on: Nikhil 9820 432 576
Bank Name: State Bank Of India
Account ID: 33610723284
Account Type: Saving Account
Account Name: Nikhil Gaikwad
Branch: Majiwade Thane
Branch Code: 013377
IFSC Code: SBIN0013377
1. Travelling from Thane to Thane by Non AC vehicle.
2. Breakfast, Lunch
3. Kaas Plateau Entry Fee.
1. Camera Fees (Mobile Camera 10 Rs, Point & Shoot 50 Rs, DSLR 100 Rs.)
2. Anything not specified in Inclusion.
1. All our Photo-walk's are Eco-friendly, kindly take care of nature around us.
2. Smoking and Drinking alcohol during, Photo-walk is strictly prohibited if anyone found doing that will be expelled from Photo-walk without refund.
3. Respect the Heritage and culture. Do Not Litter, Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins.
4. Leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
5. Moments Shoot is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent.
Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/moments.shoot
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/199624386884740/