Midas Adventure : Rasalgad, Sumargad and Mahipatgad range trek on March 18-19, 2017
Grade – Medium.
Endurance – Medium.
This fort has a rush of visitors on week ends. The fort is a small triangular plateau of 5 acres fortified on all the sides. The two entrance gates are in good condition. There is a Veer Maruti idol near the first gate. There is a Zolayidevi temple on the fort with a stone Deepmal and tulsi vrindavan in the front. There are two large rock cut water cisterns on the fort. There are 16 cannons on the fort. There is a store room in good condition. Chakdev and Parvatgad are seen from the Fort.
The fort is located in the middle of hill range that spans in the North South direction and runs parallel to the Sahyadris. Due to its difficulty in access, height and tough climb only experience mountain trekkers can reach at this fort. It has straight rock surfaces on all the sides of the fort and the way to the fort requires some rock climbing to reach to the fort which is located on the summit. There are some water cisterns on the fort. In one of the cistern there is a Shivalinga and idol of goddesses Bhairibhavani, Zolai, Vaghjai and Navlai in one cave. The fort provides views of Sahyadri forts in the east which includes forts of Vasota and Makarandgad. In the west one can see mid Sahyadri or Valati forts of Palgad and Mandangad.Not much is known about its past. Villagers say that earlier there a festival was held in this fort in the memory of Goddess but after an accident in which two villagers fell off the cliffs while balancing the pole, the festival was shifter to Rasalgad.
The altitude of Mahipatgad is 3090feet. This fort was built by Adilshah of Bijapur in 15th century. This fort was captured by King Shivaji in 1661. later on it passed to Peshwas and finally to the British in 1818. There are 10 houses in the Beldarvadi village, which is at the foot hill of the fort. The villagers are said to be brought by Shivaji as bricklayers for construction of the fort.
The fort is a table land with six battlements and six gateways. The gateways are in ruined state. The Gateways are 1) Laldevdi- on North-Eastern side 2) Pusati- On Eastern side, formerly entered by a ladder 3)Yeshwant- on south-Eastern side. 4) Khed- towards southern side, this route is still in use and connects the village Beldarwadi to the fort.5) Shivganga- on western site. There is a rock cut shivling near this entrance. 6) Kotwal- on Northern side. the pathway from this gate leads to the Village Kotwal in Poladpur taluka. Here foundation of temple of Maruti and Ganapati are seen with half walls still standing.On the southern side of the fort are remnants of horse stables which are 350-700 in numbers.There are two heaps of unused mortar on the fort. There are two large wells on the fort, on near the Khed entrance and other near Pareshwar temple.The water from these wells is used for drinking by the villagers.
Day 0 : Friday. March 17, 2017
Meeting Point : Mumbai People : Pritam Hotel , Dadar East 10.15pm on Friday Feb 10, 2017
Pune People : Natraj Hotel Swargate 10.00pm. Will travel to Lonavala via Shivajinagar – Dapodi – Nigadi. pick-ups on the way.
Pune people can travel by 06.35pm : Indrayani Exress from Pune station to Dadar. Travel by ST bus till Panvel and Join us from Panvel/Kalamboli.(If pune people count is less)
Day 1 : Saturday. March 18, 2017
04.30 am – Reach Rasalwadi
05.00 am – Start trek towards Rasalgad for sunrise.
06.00 am – Reach at top of Rasalgad. Explore the fort.
07.30 am – Start descending to the fort and Breakfast.
08.30 am – Move towards Sumargad.
11.00 am – Reach at Base of Sumargad.
12.30 pm – Reach the top of Sumargad and have lunch. Explore the Sumargad.
02.00 pm – Start descending the fort to Mahipatgad
06.30 pm – Reach at base village of Mahipatgad. Tea & Snacks.
08.30 pm – Dinner & retire for the day.
Day 2 : Sunday. March 19, 2017
06.30 am – Wake-up call.
07.30 am – Tea & Breakfast.
08.00 am – Move towards Mahipatgad.
09.00 am – Mahipatgad Top and explore.
10.30 am – Start Descending the Fort.
11.30 am – Lunch
03.00 pm – Reach at base village. Start return journey.
10.00 pm – Reach Pune/Mumbai.
Cost : 2350/- PP
Transport Dadar to Dadar or Pune to Pune.
1 Litre Nimbu-Paani on each day.
Any kind of insurance, Soft drinks etc.
Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
Account Name: Mahadeo J Gadade
Bank : Axis Bank
Account Type : Saving.
Account No : 913010025541263
IFSC Code : UTIB0000037
Branch : Pune Branch
U can pay by Credit/Debit card/Net banking.
Call us for more details.
PayTM Karo !!!! on 9370080086 / 9404266855
For more Details Call / What’s up / SMS
Mahadeo – 9370080086 / 9404266855
One has to transfer the event amount/advance into the Bank account to confirm his/her Registration.
Once payment is done, please send us an email to email@example.com / what’s up 9370080086 payment details with name
Things to Carry :
– 3 liters of water (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Bedding / Sleeping Bag (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant. For girls full neck t-shirt.(Must)
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Warm cloths.
– Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes.
– A plate, mug, and spoon (Optional)
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– Carry 3-4 extra carry bags.
– No Alcohol / Smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– No jeans/skin tight cloths.
– Proper used footwear/shoes (No new one) are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deo / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident/ Natural calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances (artificial or natural).
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellary, Cash and baggage.
It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before coming.