Midas Adventure : One day Monsoon Trek to Manikgad on 16 July 2017.
Type: Hill fort
Height : 1876 feet
Base: Vadgaon village
Difficulty level: Easy to Medium
Time required : 2.5-3 hours
Manikgad is situated on a hill in North Konkan near Chawk and can be seen while travelling on Mumbai – Pune Highway. The fort has couple of water cisterns and remains of settlements and fortification. The fort was used as a watch tower and offers a commanding view from top of that region. Manikgad was built to look upon the trade route from Maval(Pune) to the coastal ports. This fort though looks easy requires high endurance and capacity of the trekker for long walk.This fort is situated near Vashivali (Rasayani MIDC), which is 27 km from Panvel.
This fort was built by Sarkhel Kanhoji Angre , to whom it was ceded in 1718 by Peshavas.
The fort is in ruins. There is a big rock-cut cistern on the fort called as “Darya take”. There is a small shiva linga and few small rock-cut cisterns. The Ganesh gate is the only standing structure on the fort. There is a circular trench cut in the rock meant for lime mixing. If the sky is clear nearby forts i.e. Karnala, Prabalgad, Chanderi, Malang gad, Irshalgad, Sondai, Lohagad, Visapur, Sankshi are seen.
Meeting Point : Panvel Bus Station at 07:40 AM Sharp on July 16, 2017.
Sunday, July 16, 2017.
07:45 AM :Panvel Bus Station at
09:00 AM :Reach Washivali village
09:30 AM :Reach Base Village Vadgaon by Walking
10:00 AM :Breakfast at the base village
10.30 AM :Start Trek
01.30 PM :Reach Top
Explore the Fort and Lunch
02.30 PM :Start Descending
05.30 PM :Reach Base Village
06.00 PM :Start our Return Journey
07.00 PM : Reach Panvel Station (Depend on the Traffic)
Local Train time Table
Train Time Table (CST to Panvel)
06:00am : CST
06:18am : Wadala
06:29am : Kurla
06:48am : Vashi
07:18am : Panvel
Train Time Table (Thane to Panvel)
06:19am : Thane
06:48am : Nerul
07:10am : Panvel
Andheri – Vadala Road Slow Local
05:17am : Andheri
05:31am : Bandra
05:42am : Vadala Road
Cost – Rs. 600/- PP
It Includes :
Transport from Panvel to Panvel
Breakfast and Tea
Train tickets, Mineral water, Any kind of insurance, Soft-drinks etc.
Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
Account Name: Mahadeo J Gadade
Bank : Axis Bank
Account Type : Saving.
Account No : 913010025541263
IFSC Code : UTIB0000037
UPI ID – 9370080086@upi
PayTM Karo !!!! 9370080086
U can pay by Credit/Debit card/ Net banking
Add money into your PayTM wallet ( or any other wallet) and then transfer it to our above mentioned bank account or UPI or PayTM account – 9370080086
One has to transfer the event amount/advance into the Bank account to confirm the
Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org / Whatsup-9370080086 payment details
Things to Carry :
– Carry Lunch for the day (Must).
– 3 liters of water (Must)
– Raincoat / Poncho / Umbrella (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant. For girls full neck t-shirt.(Must)
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Warm cloths / shawl
– Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
– Carry 3-4 extra carry-bags
– Packs things properly to protect from rain
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite to avoid mosquito’s.
– No jeans/skin-tight cloths.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deo / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heat stroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure,
migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physician’s advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– If cancellation done prior to 20/10/7 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded
respectively for 3-4 days event/ Dudhsagar. No refund after that.
– If cancellation done prior to 6/3/2 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 1-2 days event. No refund after that.
– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that
outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident(reasons beyond control (like
Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.)/ Natural
calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any
accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances. Refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
– Midas reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and to pre-pone
(advance)/postpone the event and Midas Group will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.