We at Mumbai Green Chapter would like to invite you all to thrilling and chilling NIGHT trek to Kothaligad.
The cave and the temple carvings date back to the 13th century. Not much is known about the history until the 18th century. In 1716, this cave was captured by the British. Then later on, on November 2, 1817, it was recaptured by the Marathas under the leadership of Bapurao who belonged to the generation after Bajirao. From Kothaligad directions were given to know the advancements of the enemy. In fact, it can be called a watch tower to keep a vigil on the Mawal area in the greater province of the Marathas.
There is a small temple and large cave at the base and a chimney like tunnel to the top of the fort. This pinnacle is carved from inside forming a staircase reaching the top. There is a tank of water at some distance from the cave and another one at the top of the fort. The stone is a single black expanse reaching till the Peth village standing on the fertile soil with abundant natural resources for water and farming.
Height: 3100 FT
Grade: Easy (Perfect for beginners)
Date : 14 May 16
Things to Carry:
1. Extra Clothes
2. Sleeping bag / mat/ pull over/News Papers
3. Personal Medicines/ and mosquito repellant
4. Dry Food e.g. biscuits/ Dinner
5. Two Lemons
6. Good quality shoes.
7. Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
8. Water Bottle (3 Liter Must)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Dinner (if you don’t want to carry same home cooked dinner can be arranged at base village at actuals)
11. Rucksack to carry all this thing.
12. Sanitary Kit
13. TORCH WITH EXTRA BATTERIES
1. Board 07.55 PM local from CST to Karjat at your preferred station and Alight at Karjat 9.49 PM.
Pune participants should reach karjat by same time.
2. Reach Base village with private/local transport
3. Have Dinner at base of fort
4. Take few moments (around 30 mins) time before start of trek
5. Start trek by 11.15 PM
6. Reach top by 2.30 AM
8. Wake up early morning and start descend
9. Reach at base by 9 AM
10. Have breakfast and head to Mumbai with good memories
Event Cost : 499 (Non Refundable): Each (Includes travelling from Karjat to Karjat, First Aid, Breakfast in morning)
For registrations and more details contact..
If not reachable drop a text ..will come back to you !!
See you there ... Yo !!
Mumbai Green Chapter
Your connection with Green
Consumption of alcohol, tobacco or drugs in any form is strictly not allowed.We reserve right to disqualify any participant on spot for any misconduct/misbehaviour with other participants.Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care.The club will not be responsible for injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
Medical Disclaimer: It’s Important to be fit before going for Treks. It is Important to have a medical fitness checkup done.If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problems severe headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc. should take permission from their physicians before treks.