Rajmachi - 29th and 30th August 15:
Join us on a beautiful adventure to Rajmachi. Rajmachi (Udhewadi) is a small village in the rugged mountains of Sahyadri in India. The fortification at Rajmachi consists of two forts , namely Shrivardhan fort and Manaranjan Fort. Rajmachi Fort is a popular trekking destination. It is a very famous fort located near two famous hills of Maharashtra, Lonavala and Khanadala
Historically, Rajmachi fort was a strategic fort to control Borghat(ghat between Khopoli and Khandala on Mumbai-Pune route) which was a historical trade route. Rajmachi peak has two fortified structures - the Shrivardhan fort and Manaranjan fort. Rajmachi can be reached by 2 ways, the tough route is from Kondivade village near Karjat and it involves climb-up of about 2000 feet. The other route is from Lonavala, which is almost a plain walk of about 15 km. In rainy season this region all the more beautiful with silvery water falls, streams and lush green forests and meadows.
Stay in Rajmachi will be dormitory type huts with twin toilets and bathroom. The Huts have been beautifully placed on a location from where you get 360 view of mountains, waterfalls, Forts and a wide plateau where one can play lot of games.
6:00 AM bus from borivali till lonavla
9:30 AM reach lonavla by bus (breakfast on the way)
9:45 AM start trek towards Rajmachi.
12:30 - 1:00 PM reach Rajmachi. get fresh
1:30 PM Lunch will be served, post lunch rest
4:30 PM Have Tea and snacks
5:30 PM start trek to shrivardhan fort.
6:30 PM Reach top Enjoy sunset from top of the fort (Depends on wheather).
6:45 - 7:00 PM start descend to Huts
7:30 PM reach hut get fresh
8:00 PM play treasure hunt/ Night trail in the jungle.
9:00 PM dinner.
10:00 PM camp fire/games/songs... (Camp fire depends on the weather)
5:00 AM Wake up early morning enjoy the Sun rise/bird watching.
7:00 AM Breakfast
8:00 AM start decending towards Kondhane caves.
from kondhane caves descend to karjat
11:00 AM reach karjat station.
Timing may vary on various conditions
Total Cost: 2500
1. Travel by private transport from Mumbai to Lonavla + some refreshments on the way
2. Lunch, tea refreshments, Dinner, Breakfast, Hut stay in Rajmachi.
3. Travelling from Kondhane Village to Karjat station.
4. Discounts would be provided on group Registrations.
Anything not mentioned above
Things To be Carried Along with:
● A haversack/Backpack to put in all the things to be carried so that one has hands free while walking.
● lineup the haversack/Backpack with plastic as rains are expected.
● Extra pair of clothes, Towel/Napkins, Raincoat/Poncho.
● Shoes/Sandals with good grip (shoes are preferable as trek is supposed to be rough terrain)
● Extra Pair of socks
● Some ready to eat food.
● Water bottle 2 Litres. (compulsary)
● Torch (Compulsary)
● Camera with proper rain cover
● Medicine those if you require usually.
● 2-3 bunch of News-papers.
● Odomos (optional)
● Avoid jeans prefer track pants
* Drinking alcohol and smoking strictly not allowed.
* We do take utmost care of every member of the group during the event, but still each member will be responsible
for his/her own safety and baggage.
* The leader's decision will be final and binding on all.
Feel free to reach out to us for any queries, concerns and registration for the event.
Contact Details: Joel Peter (+91-9987094914) & Sandeep (+91-9029212012)
Event Details: https://www.facebook.com/events/1619377181655754/