When you think of this place which is so beautiful and mesmerizing that it heals all your pain and worries not only when you are there, but also when you are not.
Just a glimpse of the place brings a smile to your face, every time you think of the mountains, Roads, clear Sky, people, culture, serenity you feel alive
"LADAKH" – the land of high passes
Roadtrip Dates: 5th August to 15th August, 2017
Begin our journey to Ladakh from Srinagar traversing the beautiful Srinagar Leh highway, crossing one of the highest motorable roads in the world Zoji La, Chang La, Tanglang La, Khardung La watching the splendid show of changing landscapes, halting only to capture the beauty in our memories and cameras
Highlights of the trip:
● Travelling by Leh - Srinagar Highway
● Pit Stop at, Drass, Kargil War Memorial, Sonamarg, Rohtang Pass etc.
● Ghata Loops (21 hairpin bends) and Morey Plains
● Crossing Khardungla, Tanglangla, Changla and many other high motorable passes
● Night stay in Swiss Tents at Nubra Valley and Pangong Lake
● Double Hump Bactrian Camel Ride at Hunder Desert
● Awesome signboards on road by BRO (Border Road Organization)
● Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa, The Hall of Fame, Magnetic Hill, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, 3 Idiots School, Deskit Monastery, Hemis Monastery and many more sightseeing points.
● Travelling by Manali Leh Highway
Tentative itinerary for the trip as below
Day 1: Reporting time in Srinagar @ 1:00 pm and transfer to House boat in Dal lake.
Saturday: 5th August, 2017
Day 2: Srinagar to Kargil
Sunday: 6th August, 2017
Take a pit stop at the Kargil War Memorial in the windy conditions of Drass Sector. Have tea and momos at the Army Canteen. Proceed to 0 degree point after crossing the Sonamarg. You can take a stop in Sonamarg and enjoy the scenic beauty and can also have a pony ride to the nearby snow glacier. Reach Kargil by evening and if time permits do some local sightseeing. Overnight in Kargil.
Day 3: Kargil to Leh
Monday: 7th August, 2017
Journey from Srinagar to Leh is approximately 450kms, en-route we visit Magnetic Hill, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib and Sangam Point. Cross Alchi and Lamayuru and reach Leh in Evening. Check in Hotel and relax for the day.
Day 4: Leh - Khardungla - Nubra Valley
Tuesday: 8th August, 2017
After an early breakfast, we head towards the World’s Highest Motorable Pass i.e. Khardung-La (‘La’means Pass). Halt for tea and selfie break then head towards Nubra Valley covering Deskit Monastary on our way. Visit the deserts of Hunder in evening for a special Double Hump Bactrian Camel ride. Check in at camp and rest for the night.
Day 5: Nubra Valley - Leh. Local Sightseeing
Wednesday: 9th August, 2017
After Breakfast, checkout from the camps & retrace our route to Leh by once again crossing the Highest Motorable Pass - Khardung-La. After reaching Leh, visit Leh Palace and Shanti Stupa. Overnight at Hotel/Guesthouse in Leh
Day 6: Leh - Changla - Pangong
Thursday: 10th August, 2017
After Breakfast, checkout from Leh & proceed towards one of the most beautiful & scenic Salt water lake
- The Pangong Tso (‘Tso’ means Lake) at Spangmik. One-Third of this lake is controlled by India & rest of the two-third lies under Chinese province. En-route cross Chang-La – The 3rd highest motorable pass. Overnight at Camps in Pangong
Day 7: Pangong - Leh. Local Sightseeing
Friday: 11th August, 2017
After Breakfast, checkout from the camps & retrace our route to Leh via Chang-La (17350 ft) Enroute visit the 3 Idiots School and Hemis Monastery. Later in the afternoon visit Leh Market for some Ladakhi shopping. Don’t forget to taste and buy the famous dried Apricots of Ladakh. Overnight at Hotel/Guesthouse in Leh
Day 8: Leh - Jispa
Saturday: 12th August, 2017
Make an early start and continue our journey From Leh. En-route cross Sarchu which serves as the border of Himachal Pradesh and Ladakh. Later cross the huge 40kms long - More Plains (Morey Plains) after hitting the highest pass on Manali - Leh highway, the Tanglang La at 17,500 ft / 5328 m which is the 2nd highest motorable pass. Remember to have lots and lots of water. Overnight camping at Jispa.
Day 9: Jispa to Manali
Sunday: 13th August, 2017
Reach Manali in Evening. Next day Visit Hadimba temple and Shopping at Manali Market in the afternoon.
Day 10: Tour Ends and Memory Remains!!!
Monday: 14th August, 2017
After Lunch checkout from Hotel and take Manali – Delhi Volvo bus. Reach Delhi next day morning on 15th August 2017.
Expenses per person: Rs. 29,000/-
Advance payment to confirm the seat : Rs. 10000/- (Non-refundable)
The above cost includes:
● AC Volvo Semi Sleeper Bus tickets from Manali - Delhi
● 1 night Hotel / Guesthouse stay in Manali, Kargil and Srinagar
● 3 night Hotel / Guesthouse stay in Leh
● 1 night Stay at Jispa, Nubra Valley and Pangong in Swiss Tents
(All stay in non AC rooms on double sharing basis and includes breakfast and dinner)
● All road travel on Manali - Leh - Srinagar route by private non AC Innova Car
● All tourist permits, road permits, toll and parking charges
The above cost does not include:
● Dinner and next morning breakfast while travelling in bus from Manali to Delhi
● Lunch is not included throughout the tour.
● Personal orders of cold drink, mineral water, snacks, etc
● Anything not mentioned in the “Cost included” section
Instalments to be paid:
1st Instalment : Rs. 10,000 (Confirmation on first come first serve basis only)
2nd Instalment : Rs. 10,000 on or before 10th June, 2017
3rd Instalment : Rs. 9,000 on or before 10th July, 2017
Before 31st May - 30% of tour cost
1st to 30th June - 50% of tour cost
1st to 31st July - 75% of tour cost
After 31st July - No Refund
Details of hotels/guesthouse stay/camps and a comprehensive list of things to carry will be shared with confirmed participants only.
For further details and booking please contact:
Arpit Shah : +91-9819948833
Mayank A. Sharma : +91-9819350700
Sandhya Bhatre : +91-9664066395