About the Fireflies Festival Special Trek :
Fireflies are basically insects which display the bio-luminescence character!! They actually throw out fluorescent green light from the body to attract their mate. This phenomenon of natural lighting is so mesmerizing that at times one can experience thousands of fireflies flashing the light which is one of the best natural sights to behold. Mumbai Travellers has happily coupled this beautiful experience with camping near the foothills of Kondana caves near Karjat. These caves are located at the bottom of Rajmachi fort and offer a wonderful short trek of about an hour to reach atop the caves. This Buddhist caves is a nice example of Indian architecture and offers good scope for photographer and nature lovers.
Batch 01 : 03rd-04th June 2017
Category : Trekking
Duration : 01 Night / 02 Days
Day 01 :
Proceed towards Karjat by fast local train from CSTM 04.30 pm. Reach Karjat Station by 6.30 pm. Proceed to base village of the Kondana caves by local transport. Reach Kondivade village by 8.00pm. Have Dinner at Villagers house.
Around 10.30 pm start trekking towards the Kondana caves, as it gets darker and darker, experience the magnificent phenomena of fireflies lighting display. We might come across a number of places during this trail where we can observe this unique phenomenon. Celebrate the night with fireflies, ghost stories in kondhana caves and latenight came back to villagers house.
Day 02 :
Early morning, freshen up. Have Breakfast. Start your journey back to Karjat around 10.00 am. Reach Karjat by 11 am and catch local train for your respective station.
Tour concludes with Happy Memories :D
Tour Price : Rs.1,300/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Members : Rs.1,250/- per person+Tax as applicable
For Lifetime Membership Details (Rs.1000/- only), click here
1. Transportation from Karjat to Karjat by local transport – Jeep / Tamtam
2. Evening Refreshment, 1 Dinner, 1 Breakfast with Tea and Juice
3. Accommodation at Villagers home
4. Expertise and Guide Chargesa
Note : Temporary camping toilet available near campsite.
1. Taxes as applicable
2. Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
Things to carry : Id Proof Compulsory
1. Lunch / Dinner as per schedule.
2. Water Bottle (2 Liters Compulsory)
3. Electral Powder / Energy bars / Dry Snacks (dry fruits. biscuits, plum cakes etc).
4. Good grip quality trekking shoes – Must (Please check soles of your shoes and get them stitched if necessary).
5. Personal Medication / First Aid kit
6. Toiletries (Napkin, facewash, tissue paper etc.).
7. Cap, goggles, sunscreen, moisturizer, mosquito repellent etc. (as per season)
8. Proper Backpack to carry all these things (No handbags, duffle bag or jholas)
9. Camera (Optional)
10. Rainwear (Jacket / Ponchos ) or Winter wear (Jackets, warmers or sweaters) – (as per season).
11. Carry your own glass, bowl, spoon and plate (if necessary)
12. Extra Pair of Clothes (as per schedule)
13. Sleeping bag / mat / bedsheet (as per schedule)
14. Slippers (optional – at the end of day / trek so that your feet can relax).
For Registrations mail us at email@example.com
OR Call us at 08692055777 / 08692086927
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh