Explore the Lost Civilization-Dholavira, Queen’s Stepwell & Modhera Sun Temple !!
On the Fringes of Gujarat, Dholavira is situated on a small island “Khadirbet” in the Kutch Desert Wildlife Sanctuary in Great Rann of Kutch. City of Dholavira is one of the Five Largest Harappan Civilization highlighting architecture, systematic Urban Planning and unearthed large number of antiquities. Making this one of the grandest city of the history , a stepwell has been excavated here considering it three times bigger than Mohen-Jo-Daro.
The Queen’s Stepwell also known as Rani-Ki-Vav is a Unesco World Heritage site located 05 hours drive from Dholavira. Well Famous for its ornate walls full with the sculptures of graceful Gods & Goddess narrating a Mythological story. It would be cherry on the cake to visit Modhera Sun Temple near Mehsana which is anciently built and a visit worth for the beautifully carved pillars and exterior. A small water reservoir beside the temple have small steps to reach at the bottom. It is a great combo of Historical miracles and is certainly one of the Most offbeat & Must Visit destinations in Gujarat. Get your bagpack ready to Explore it soon with Mumbai Travellers.
Outing Date : 10th-11th December 2016
Duration : 01 Night / 02 Days
Onwards Journey : Kutch Express on 09th December 2016
Return Journey : Aravali Express on 11th December 2016
Day 00 : Leave from Bandra Terminus by Kutch Express (05:10 pm)
Day 01 : 10th December 2016
Early morning reach Samakhiyali station by 06:30 am. With a short briefing and introduction proceed to One of the five largest Harappan sites in the World-Dholavira belonging to Indus valley civilization. Have en route breakfast. Enjoy the 03 hours long lonely drive to Khadir Island witnessing the Great Rann. Check in to the hotel and rest for a while. Have simple homely lunch and briefing about the greatness of Dholavira. Proceed to the hidden land of Kutch and Explore the grandest city of its era making it three times bigger than Great bath of Mohen-Jo-Daro. Visit the ASI established Dholavira Museum, fossil park. Evening visit the village and witness culture and lifestyle of tribes. Late evening free for Handicraft shopping.
Witnessing the full moon night, lights off for the day.
Day 02 : 11th December 2016
Our day starts with early morning visit to Dattatray Temple. Post breakfast, check out. Enjoy the 05 hour drive to Patan. Enroute lunch. Reach Patan and visit the seven layered Queen’s Stepwell “Rani Ki Vav”. Also famous as World’s Heritage site. Witness the sidewalls and the beautifully architecture of the step-well holding more than 500 sculptures. After the information session, move to visit Modhera Sun Temple by sunset. Evening drop to Mahesana station. Board return train to Mumbai by 07:51 pm.
Day 03 : Reach Bandra Terminus by 06:35 am next day.
Tour concludes with Happy memories :D
*Note : There might be alteration in the itinerary as per the situation
Tour concludes with Happy memories :D
Tour Cost : Rs.7,800/- per person
For Lifetime Members : Rs.7,600/-per member
1. Transportation from Samakhiyali to Mehsana by non-a/c private vehicle
2. Accommodation in A/C rooms on Twin Sharing basis
3. All Veg Meals on tour (02 breakfast, 02 lunch & 01 dinner)
4. Entry Tickets and sightseeings
5. Tolls, Permit and Parking
6. Guide and Expertise Charges
1. Any Transfers till Samakhiyali & back from Mehsana
2. Meals on Train Journey
3. Any other thing then mentioned inclusions
1. Book your seats well in advance to get confirmed train tickets. You may get in touch with us for assistance regarding the train / flight booking, we will be happy to help you !
2. As it is totally offbeat destination, there are very basic facility available and limited sources available for the stay, vehicle and meals. Mumbai Travellers are serving the best facility available at Dholavira.
For booking you need to deposit Rs.5,000/- per person in the following Account:
Balance Payment to be cleared 21 days prior to the Trip
Cancellation and Refund applicable on whole tour cost :
1. If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
2. If done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded
3. After that no refund will be provided.
For Registrations mail us at email@example.com
OR Call us at 08692086927 / 08692055777
unique journeys…unique people…
Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/mumbaitravellersclub/
Facebook Page : https://www.facebook.com/MumbaiTravellers
Twitter : https://twitter.com/MumbaiTraveller
Mobile App : http://tinyurl.com/qh9pfkh