Monsoon has arrived and as per our tradition at Keen Venturers lets start with something simple and fun.
Keen Venturers and Trekkers invites you for one day trek to Karnala Fort on sunday
Karnala fort (also called Funnel Hill) is a hill fort in Raigad district about 10 km from Panvel city. Currently it is a protected place lying within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary.The sanctuary is quite small with an area of 4.27 square kilometres. It is home to over 150 species of resident and 37 species of migratory birds who visit the sanctuary during winter. Two rare birds i.e. Ashy Minivet and Malabar Trogon have been sighted here.
Karnala fort actually consists of two forts one at a higher level and other lower. At the centre of the higher level is a 125 feet high basalt pillar. It is also called Pandu’s tower. This structure was used as watchtower when the fort was occupied.
Meeting Point: Panvel Station
Trek fees: Rs 400/-
• Entry fees, Travelling from Panvel to the base & back.
• Evening Tea & snacks
• Safety and other equipments required for the trek.
Participants must carry:
• 1 liter of water (atleast)
• Packed Lunch
• Sun cap
• Extra pair of clothes (optional)
• Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes
• Good trekking shoes
• Haversack to put all your things, so that your hands are free (avoid sling bags)
• Camera (Optional)
• Medicines that you require usually. (optional)
• Electral/Tang powder/Glucone-D
• Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
• Trek fees does not include extra charges incurred by the participants for extra food, drinks, transportation, lodging, etc. apart from provided by Keen Venturers & Trekkers.
• Drinking and smoking is strictly Prohibited.
• The above given schedule may vary slightly or completely according to the circumstances then.
• Any kind of misbehavior with the organizers or participants will not be tolerated and such people will be expelled from the trek then and there.
For Registrations and Booking please contact:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Call us at:
Darpan: 96197 06266
James: 96994 08007