Dear Friends …. !!!
Kalpavihar Adventure has arranged a trek to
Visit to Ghatagar Dam
See the details below… and Register your seat with advance payment in time so that you are not the one who miss the chance.
Name of Event
Trek to Ajoba Dongar and visit to Ghatagar Dam
Rs. 650/- ex. Asangaon
Traveling by private jeep from Asangaon stn & Ret,
Visit to Ghatagar Dam
Ajoba is one of the highest peaks in Sahyadris. There is a Valmiki Ashram at half way to the fort. A small water stream provides us with pure water. The way beyond Ashram leads to a rivulet, crossing which we can reach the cave of 'LUV-KUSH'. To reach this spot we have to ascend the way of waterfall for one and half hour. Above this cave there is a precipice called 'Cradle of Sitamai'. In the cave there are the carved "Padukas" or the footprints of Luv and Kush. This precipice is a real challenge for trekkers. The ashram is a sacred place and people from all over Maharashtra come here. There are some carved stones near the ashram, on which some carved idols depict some story.
The Ghataghar Dams Project is located on the boundary of the Thane and Ahamadnagar districts of the Maharashtra State. The lower reservoir and surge well is located in the Sahyadri Range near the village of Chonde, Taluka Shahpur. Having started in 1994, the Ghatagr Dams Project, due for completion in 2005, is the first major dam construction in India to use fly ash as a major constituent. Ghatghar Dam refers to two associated gravity dams built using roller-compacted concrete, the first use in India.
(Information about Dam is from Google)
Last Date Of Reg.
Register before 7th July with advance Payment of Rs. 650/-
More details will be given at the time of registration.
Things to Carry
· A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has their hands free while trekking. Please do not carry Sling bags, Jholas, handbags/shoulder bags etc.
· Shoes with Good Grip for trekking. (Sports/Jungle/Trek Shoes). Please do not wear sandals, chappals or floaters, girls are requested not to wear high heel footwear.
· Cap, goggle if require
· Identity proof (compulsory. It will require to take pass for dam visit otherwise you will not get the entry inside)
· Water bottle (min. 2 ltr.)
· Spare set of cloths
· Personal medicine if any
· Wrap all things (especially camera & cell phone) in polythene bags
· Optional things: Camera, Binoculars.
· Please avoid bringing valuables, jewellery or expensive things. We accept no responsibility for anything that is misplaced
Rules & Regulation
· Everyone has to follow the instructions of Trek leaders
· No shortcut in trek
· Smoking & Drinking are strictly prohibited. Anyone found smoking or consuming alcohol will be expelled from trek there and then itself.
· Shorts (Above knee level), sleeveless T-shirts are not allowed. Those violating the dress code will not be permitted to participant.
· This is not a picnic. All participants are requested to maintain timings meant for the trek by leader to avoid inconvenient to all other participants.
· Keep the campsite clean
Meeting Point and Train Time Table
Asangaon Railway station – Platform no 1 near ticket window.
Asangaon Slow Train at 06.08 AM from CST. Train will stop all the stations. Pl do not miss the train.
For booking & other details contact