Type: Hill Fort
Height: 2330 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village : Thakurwadi
App Cost : 200/- Rs
About Kalavantin Durg
Kalavantin Durg is situated on northeast side of Panvel, on Mumbai-Pune road. Kalavantin durg is a adjoining hill (pinnacle) to Prabalgad.Can see it from express highway a V-Shaped one. The Left one is Kalwantin Durg & right side is Prabalgad.The fort top commands an excellent view of the surroundings with Prabal in the front. Matheran, Chanderi, Shrimallang, Irshal Karnala, Manikgad, etc can be easily identified.
Itinerary For Kalavantin Durg Trek :
Meeting Point : at Panvel St Stand on 0700Hrs on 9th Dec 2012
0700 Hrs Report at Panvel ST Stand.
0700 -0800 Hrs Breakfast at Panvel.
0800 -0900 Hrs Travel Panvel To base village
0900 Hrs Reach base village & strat trek
1200 Hrs Reach to top at Explore fort & Lunch
1400 Hrs Start descending fort
1600 Hrs Reach to Base Village
1800 Hrs Reach Panvel & Disperse
List of Items To Be Carry
· Properly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes
· Ruck sack which can hold following items
· Spare pair of cloths.
· Water Bottle must (2 Liter Minimum)
· Torch with spare set of batteries
· Note book, Pen, Sewing kit, shoes laces, Safety pins
· Personal medical kit (personal medicines prescribed by family Dr.).
· Carry one time meal for the trek. **
· Please do not carry gold ornaments or any other valuables.
· Please do not carry handbags or zolas for the trek.
· Avoid Chapels / Slippers
· Camera, Binocular is allowed at your own risk.
· For safety please follow the expert’s/ Instructors advice on trek.
• Travelling Panvel – Thakurwadi - Panvel
• 1 Breakfast
For Conformation Contact :
Rajesh Mhaddalkar : 9869629288 / 9768341848
Prashant Vanahalli : 9870969694 / 9833072241