Naturalist and Ecotrails organize a Nature camp 'Tale of Flowers - Kaas Pathar' on 24th and 25th September, 2016.
This little-known gem, which has been increasingly attracting visitors since being declared a bio-diversity site by UNESCO in 2012, is Maharashtra’s very own “VALLEY OF FLOWERS”. The Kaas Plateau is located in the Sahyadri range, 22 km away from Satara. It abuts the northern part of Koyana Sanctuary, and a major portion of the plateau is reserve forest. Post monsoon, from August to October, the 1,000-hectare region undergoes a most outlandish phenomenon and turns into a riot of colour, with wildflowers carpeting the land as far as you can see. The earth actually seems to change its hues every few weeks, as the cycle of the flowering plants progresses. More than 850 species of flowering plants are found on the plateau. To protect this fragile eco-system, it is forbidden to walk amid the flowers.
You can walk/hike around the plateau, though, to admire the flowers from different vantage points. During the months of August, September and October, the climate is amazing with light drizzles and overcast skies, which makes long walks on the plateau not just easy but also quite pleasurable.
Min: 15 participants
Max: 30 participants
Cost: 2150/- per person Ex Mumbai
2080/- per person Ex Pune
Booking amount: 1000/- per person and pending before the start of the event
Note: Booking amount won’t be refunded if participant does not show on the event day
1. Mumbai/Pune to Kaas & back (Non A/c luxury bus)
2. 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch and 1 Evening Tea
3. Rooms/Dormitory (To freshen up and some rest)
4. Expertise Charges
5. Kaas Entry Charges
1. Transport till Dadar/Pune on Highway
2. Emergency medical evacuations
3. Insurance or any item/event not mentioned in the inclusions list
4. Any fines for the loss/damage/liter by the participants
5. Camera fees (Any type of Camera)
08:00 PM: - Reporting at Dadar (Near Swami Narayan Temple)
08:30 PM: - Leave for Kaas
04:00 AM: - Reach Satara
05:30 AM: - Check in the resort and freshen up
06:45 AM: - Move for Kaas
10:00 AM: - Breakfast
10:30 AM: - Move for Kaas Lake (if time permits) or else move for Thoseghar waterfalls
11:30 AM: - Reach Thoseghar waterfalls
01:30 PM: - Lunch
03:00 PM: - Leave for Mumbai
1. 2 litres water (compulsory).
2. Good trekking/walking shoes. Please don’t wear floaters or slippers during hiking for your own safety.
3. An extra pair of dry clothes.
4. Small plastic bag for electronics, wallet but do not carry extra money than required.
5. A double strap bag, sling bag not allowed on trip
6. Wind cheater to keep hands free.
7. Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
8. Carrying Binoculars and Camera is optional.
9. Do not touch any creature or plant without permission.
10. Consumption of Alcohol and Smoking is strictly prohibited.
11. Carry ready to eat like plum cakes, chocolate bars, snacks and biscuits etc.
12. Do not wear bright colors.
13. Last but not the least we are eco travellers which itself explains littering is prohibited in every step you take.
Account Holder name: Ecobasics Ecology Consul and Ser P L
Bank name: YES Bank
Branch: Goregaon West.
IFSC Code: YESB0000117.
Account number: 011785800001574.
Type of Account: Current A/c