Harishchandragad Via Nalichi Vaat
Trek Details [ 2D/2N ]
Trek : Harishchandragad
Date : 3rd to 5th Jan 2014
Height : 4650 feets
Assembly : Kalyan St Stand
Region : Malshej
Duration : 2 Day/ 2Night
Cost App. : Rs 1400/-
Harishchandragad is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar region of India. It has played a major role in guarding and controlling the surrounding region. The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747
Main attractions on Fort: Saptatirtha Pushkarni, Kedareshwar Cave, Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff), Taramati peak, Temple of Harishchandreshwar,
List of Items To Be Carry
· Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes
· Ruck sack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
· Water Bottle (3 Liter Minimum) compulsory **
· Torch with spare set of batteries
· Note book, Pen, Sewing kit, shoes laces, Safety pins
· Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.).
· Light weight towel.
· Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirts 1no each.
· Sleeping Bag / Bed sheet & Carry mat.
· Plate, Glass, Mug/ cup, spoon. Candle, match box
· Carry one meal for the trek. **
Itinerary For Harishchandragad Trek
Day 1. : 3rd Jan 2014
Meeting point : Kalyan St Stand near Enquiry Counter at 2100 hrs Sharp
2115 -0130Hrs : Travel Kalyan to Belpada by Local Transport
Day 2. : 4th Jan 2014
0130 hrs : Reach Belpada, Night stay in Belpada.
0545 - 0630hrs : Wake up & fresh, Breakfast
0630 hrs : Start trek,
1100 hrs : Break for snacks/ Lunch on the way
1500 hrs : Reach Konkan Kada,
1500 -1930 hrs : Explore fort, free time
1930 hrs : Dinner, Night halt in caves / temple
Day 3. : 5th Jan 2014
0600 hrs : Wake up & fresh, Breakfast
0700 hrs : Breakfast
0730 - 1000hrs : Fort Exploration,
1000 hrs : Start descending fort
1300 - 1430 hrs : Reach khireshwar, Lunch
1430 hrs : Start return journey towards Kalyan.
1800 hrs : Reach Kalyan & Disperse.
· Please do not carry gold ornaments or any other valuables.
· Please do not carry handbags or zolas for the trek.
· Avoid Chapels / Slippers
· Camera, Binocular is allowed at your own risk
· For safety please follow the expert’s/ Instructors advice on trek.
Cost Rs 1400/- per head which includes,
· 2 Breakfast, 2Meals, 2 evening refreshments,
· Travelling from Kalyan – Harishchandragad – Kalyan
· Expertise Charges
For registration kindly transfer Rs.1400/- per head in the given a/c
State Bank of India
Account No: 32248535175
In the Name of Mr Rajesh Mhaddalkar
IFSC Code: SBIN0014771
After transaction please SMS us transaction id along with participants details (name, mobile number & email.
Maximum Group size: 20
Entry on first come first basis
Registrations through phone calls only.
“Participants have to report at Kalyan ST Stand at 2030Hrs on 3rd Jan 2014 “
For Confirmation Contact before .28th Dec 2013
Rajesh R. Mhaddalkar: 09869629288 / 9768341848
Prashant Vanahalli : 9870969694 / 9833072241
Siddhesh : 9768341558