Harishchandragad Trek Details [ 2D/2N ]
Trek : Harishchandragad
Date : 23rd to 25th Nov 2012
Height : 4650 feets
Assembly : Kalyan St Stand
Region : Malshej
Duration : 2 Day/ 2Night
Cost App.: Rs 1250/-
Harishchandragad is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar region of India. It has played a major role in guarding and controlling the surrounding region. The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747
Main attractions on Fort: Saptatirtha Pushkarni, Kedareshwar Cave, Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff), Taramati peak, Temple of Harishchandreshwar,
List of Items To Be Carry
• Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes
• Ruck sack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
• Water Bottle (3 Liter Minimum) compulsory **
• Torch with spare set of batteries
• Note book, Pen, Sewing kit, shoes laces, Safety pins
• Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.).
• Light weight towel.
• Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirts 1no each.
• Sleeping Bag / Bed sheet & Carry mat.
• Plate, Glass, Mug/ cup, spoon.
• Participants Have to carry their one meal for the trek. **
Itinerary For Harishchandragad Trek
Day 1. : 23rd November 2012
Meeting point : Kalyan St Stand near Enquiry Counter at 2130 hrs Sharp
2200 -0030Hrs : Travel towards Murbad / Tokawade by Local Transport
Day 2. : 24th November 2012
0030Hrs : Reach Tokawade & proceed to Belpada Local Transport,
0130 hrs : Reach Belpada, Night stay in Belpada.
0600 - 0645hrs: Wake up & fresh, Breakfast
0645 hrs : Start the trek,
1100 hrs : Break for snacks/ Lunch on the way
0400 hrs : Reach Konkan Kada,
0730 hrs : Reach Caves, Dinner, Night halt in caves / temple
Day 3. : 25th November 2012
0600 hrs : Wake up & fresh, Breakfast
0700 hrs : Breakfast
0730 - 1100hrs: Fort Exploration
1100 hrs : Start descending fort
1400 - 1530 hrs: Reach khireshwar, Lunch
1530 hrs : Start return journey towards Kalyan.
0800 hrs : Reach Kalyan
• Please do not carry gold ornaments or any other valuables.
• Please do not carry handbags or zolas for the trek.
• Avoid Chapels / Slippers
• Camera, Binocular is allowed at your own risk
• For safety please follow the expert’s/ Instructors advice on trek.
Cost Rs 1250/- per head which includes,
• 2 Breakfast, 2Meals, 2 evening refreshments,
• Travelling from Kalyan – Harishchandragad - Kalyan
For registration kindly transfer Rs.1250 per head in the given a/c
State Bank Of India
Account No : 32248535175
Branch : Kalwa
In the Name of Mr Rajesh Mhaddalkar
IFSC Code : SBIN0014771
After transaction please SMS us transaction id along with participants details (name, mobile number & email)
Maximum Group size: 20
Entry on first come first basis
Registrations through phone calls only.
Participants have to report at Kalyan ST Stand at 2130Hrs on 23rd Nov 2012 “
For Confirmation Contact before. 20th Nov 2012
Rajesh R. Mhaddalkar: 09869629288 / 9768341848
Prashant Vanahalli : 9870969694 / 9833072241