Harihar Trek Details
Trek : Harihar
Date : 16th Sep 2012
Height : 3676 feets
Region : Igatpuri
Cost App. : Rs 450/-
Harihar fort appears to be rectangular in shape from its base village. It is built on a triangular prism of rock. Its three faces and two edges are absolutely vertical (90 degrees). The third edge towards the west is inclined at an angle of 75 degrees. A one metre wide rocky staircase with niches in it is carved out for ascending & descending the fort
There are 117 steps in all. After you climb the first rocky staircase (main entrance) we walk thru below a overhang with a sheer drop. Again one has to climb a set of steep stairs (with niches), then pass thru a staircase inside the rock (like Peth-kothligad fort) and then reach the top of the fort. The view from the top is excellent.
After climbing these steps, we get up to the entrance door. The fort has got a tapering plateau with a raised level in the middle. There is a small temple of Lord Hanumana and Lord Shiva on the plateau. A small pond is there in front of this temple. Water from this pond can be used for drinking. Making headway from here we come across a palace having two rooms in it. 10 to 12 persons can be accommodated in this palace.
One of the vertical drops of the fort facing the Nirgudpada village is called 'Scottish kada', perhaps because it was climbed for the first time in November 1986 by Doug Scott, the legendary himalayan mountaineer & took him two days to do the climb. This cliff is about 170 meters in height.
Itinerary For Harihar Trek
16th Sep : Travel upto Kasara by Kasara train
· Mumbai(CST) 05:03
· Byculla 05:11
· Dadar 05:21
· Kurla 05:32
· Ghatkopar 05:38
· Thane 05:58
· Dombivili 06:20
· Kalyan 06:28
· Kasara 07:46
800Hrs : Assemble at Kasara Rail Station
0800 -0830Hrs : Tea & Breakfast at kasara
0830 -1000Hrs : Travel Kasra to NIrgudpada by ST Bus / Jeep
1000 -1300Hrs : Start Trek toward Harihar.
1300 -1500Hrs : Reach top of Harihar, Explore Harihar fort, Lunch on top.
1500Hrs : Start descending Harihar.
1630 - 800Hrs : Travel NIrgudpada to Kasara by ST Bus / Jeep
1800 -1830Hrs : Tea & snacks at kasara
1830Hrs : Disperse at Kasara rail Station.
List of Items To Be Carry
· Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes
· Ruck sack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
· Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
· Water Bottle (2 Liter Minimum) compulsory **
· Torch with spare set of batteries
· Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirts 1no each.
· Personal bedding, Sleeping Bag / 2Bed sheet / Carry mat.
· Waterproof jacket / raincoat [It may be rain]
· Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.).
· Note book, Pen, Sewing kit, shoes laces, Safety pins
· Carry one time meal for the trek. **
· Please do not carry gold ornaments or any other valuables.
· Please do not carry handbags or zolas for the trek.
· Avoid Chapels / Slippers for trek
· Camera, Binocular is allowed at your own risk
· For safety please follow the expert’s/ Instructors advice on trek.
· Travelling Kasara – Nirgudpada - Kasara
· 1 Breakfast
· 1 Evening Snacks
IMP: - Please take return train ticket up to Kasara.
For confirmation Contact
Rajesh R. Mhaddalkar: 09869629288 / 9768341848