Trek : Sudhagad
Date : 10th & 11th Nov 2012
Region : Lonavla – Ambey Valley
Duration : 2 Day/ 1Night
Cost App.: Rs 800/-
About Sudhagad (2030Feets)
The only fort which was considered before Raigad for establishing as the capital of Shiv Swarajya, Sudhagad is a gigantic fort with a huge plateau atop. Tactfully fortified this was one was one of the mightiest and inaccessible fort of that time. A well built temple of Bhoraidevi is the only place for shelter atop. There is deepmal in front of the temple. Few remnants of Tulsi Vrundawan lay in the vicinity.
The main attraction on this fort is the Mahadarwaja at Dhomse side which is an exact replica of the Mahadarwaja at Raigad, and still is in good shape.
About Sarasgad (1433Feets)
Pali, one out of the eight “Ashtavinayak” Ganesh Temples is also the place where Sarasgad is located. Lord Ganesh of Pali is named ‘Ballaleshwar’ and located just behind the temple can be seen the ramparts of Sarasgad fort. The fort was mainly used to keep a check on the surrounding regions. From the fort, Pali and all surrounding areas can be seen. Shivaji Maharaj brought this fort under Swarajya and spent 2000 Hon (the prevailing currency) for its reconstruction. Till independence this fort was under Bhor Sansthan.
We can locate Sudhagad, Tailbaila, Dhangad and Korigad.
List of Items To Be Carry
• Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes
• Ruck sack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
• Water Bottle (3 Liter Minimum) compulsory **
• Torch with spare set of batteries
• Note book, Pen, Sewing kit, shoes laces, Safety pins
• Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.).
• Light weight towel.
• Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirts 1no each.
• Plate, Glass, Mug/ cup, spoon.
• Personal bedding, Sleeping Bag / 2Bed sheet & Carry mat.
• Sweater / windproof jacket, monkey cap [It may be cold ]
• Travelling from Nagothane - Sudhagad – Sarasgad - Nagothane
• 2meals, 1breakfast & 1refreshment.
• Carry one time meal for the trek.
• Please do not carry gold ornaments or any other valuables.
• Please do not carry handbags or zolas for the trek.
• Avoid Chapels / Slippers during trek.
• Camera, Binocular is allowed at your own risk
• For safety please follow the expert’s/ Instructors advice on trek.
• All Participant required to buy their own train tickets till Nagothane as we will travel up to Nagothane by Diva - Roha Passanger depart Diva at 0900Hrs.
For Confirmation Contact:
Rajesh R. Mhaddalkar: 9869629288 / 9768341848