Kalavantin Durg Trek (EVENT NO.22)
SEASON :- MONSOON DURATION :- 1 DAY
EVENT TYPE :- ADVENTURE RANGE :- MATHERAN
LEVEL :- MEDIUM LOCATION :- (PANVEL)
BASE VILLAGE :- THAKURWADI HEIGHT :- 2300 ft.
TOTAL SEATS :- 10 Nos. COST :- Rs.750/-
ABOUT KALAVANTIN DURG
It is situated at an elevation of 2,300 feet, and is accessible only through stairs carved around its steep rocky walls.
The climb to the fort top is not so tough, but since the stairs are without any support or edges, those with vertigo are advised against it.
From the top, one can see the Peb, Chanderi, Matheran, Karnala, and Ershal forts as well as the city of Mumbai.
Legend has it that the fort was build for a queen known as Kalavantin, and that it was used a secret hideout by freedom fighter Umaji Naik in the early 19th century.
07.00 Hrs :- Meeting Pont @ Panvel Railway Station
07.30 Hrs:- Depart for Base village by Tum Tum (B/f On The Way)
09.00Hrs:- Will reach at Base village Thakurwadi
After Reaching at base camp we will conduct small Introduction round
09.00Hrs:- we will Start Trek for Prabal Machi
10.30Hrs:- Reach at Prabal Machi
10.45Hrs:- Start Ascending to Kalavantin
11.45Hrs:- Reach @ Kalavanti
13.00Hrs:- Start Descending
14.00Hrs:- Reach at Prabalmachi
15.30Hrs:- Start Desending
17.00Hrs:- Reach @ Thakurwadi
18.00Hrs:- Back to Panvel by Tum Tum
Trek End with lots of memories
THINGS TO CARRY
2 ltrs water
Enerzyl powder or Glucon D powder
Snacks & biscuits
Extra pair of clothes
Clean napkin or towel
Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater (Avoid umbrella)
Cap, sunglasses, scarf
Haversack or backpack (No sling bags)
Please carry personal medicines if any
1) TRANSPORATION FROM PANVEL TO DPANVEL
2) BREAKFAST & LUNCH
3) GUIDE & EXPERTISE CHARGES
1) ANY PERSONAL EXPENSES SUCH AS SOFT DRINK ETC.
2) ANYTHING OTHER THAN ABOVE MENTIONED INCLUSION
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1) NOTE:- Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
2) ”Hills and Highways” or there leaders would not be responsible for any uncertainties happening to him and also the members who accompanies him
It's an adventure activity not a picnic ..........don't forget that.
• NEFT: Vishal Rajendra Budhavalekar, State Bank Of India A/c No.: 32533282254 IFSC Code: SBIN0001429 Branch: Ranade Road, Dadar (W)
FOR BOOKING : www.hillsandhighways.com
VISHAL 9930849930 VISHESHA 9821160330
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AT: