Trek to Gorakhgad
Date: 23 December 2012 Sunday
Trek Fees: Rs.250 which includes:
A tea at evening refreshment.
Travelling expenses from Kalyan to Kalyan
Place: Gorakhgad fort
Height: 2137 ft
Base Village: Dehari
Fort Range : Karjat
The year is coming to an end and before our new year's eve party preparations start-up we are planning to headout into the wilderness. On 23rd Dec we'll be trekking Gorakhgad. Gorakhgad is a small hill-fort situated near Mumbai. Our meet-up point would be at Kalyan, the whole trek day plan would be somewhat like this...
• 06.40 am : Meeting at Kalyan Bus depot.
• 07:00 am : Leave for Murbad.
• 08.15 am : Reach Murbad
• 09:30 am : Breakfast at Dehari.
• 09:45 am : Start Trek.
• 12:30 pm : Reach main cave at the fort.
• Exploration and Lunch for 1 1/2 hrs.
• 02.00 pm : Start descending.
• 04.00 pm : Reach base village and have tea and refreshment.
• 05.30 pm : Back to murbad.
• 06.30 pm : Kalyan Station.
The trek is graded MEDIUM in difficulty and is completely non-technical. The climb is absolutely exciting which will make this trek a memorable experience for you.
This trek will be our last official trek of 2012! So we hope to see you guys there, so come lets trek together for the last time in 2012!
THINGS TO CARRY-
1. Good trekking Shoes
2. Water (2 ltrs) (Compulsory)
3. Lunch and something to have in evening refereshment
4. Cap/Sunglasses/Camera (Optional)
5. A rucksack so as to keep your hands free
6. Something to carry your garbage back to Mumbai to dispose
Vivek Mahadik: 9892143260
Sanjay Mayekar: 9833867989
Saurabh Kalkar: 9833690164
Siddhesh Dhanipkar: 9821244068
Karan Deshmukh: 9930279923