Event Tag: Trikon #175
Event Name: Hidden Gems of Uttara Kannada
Event Date: 19th -20th Nov 2016
Event Cost: Rs. 5,450/- per pax
Total Seats: 40
Nearest District: Karwar
Imagine getting off a spaceship on a lonely planet few light years away from Earth and standing in front of a huge stone castle said to be of an alien king…Probably that’s what you will feel like when you see the Yana Caves! After a small trek you will see two massive black rock outcrops jutting out of the dense forest, as if you’ve just discovered a new world. You can then roam inside the caves and surrounding area, challenge the photographer inside you to capture these unbelievable structures.
The Apsarakonda Falls, on the other hand, is like a place we would imagine in fairy tales brimming with angels and magical creatures. The falls are also accessible after a small trek through a well-marked route. Another set of mythical caves await your arrival here—the Pandava caves. There are also a few temples located in the vicinity.
• Visit an unusual corner of Karnataka tucked away in greenery
• Check out the holy Sahasralinga
• Enjoy a relaxed evening at the Apsarakonda waterfall
• Have fun at Apsarkonda beach
• Trek through a dense forest to Yana Caves
• Explore and capture the unique Yana Caves
• Visit the glorious Mirjan Fort
• Group games and fun along the way
Sahasralinga literally means thousand-lingas in Sanskrit. The king of Sirsi, Sadashivaraya, is said to have built these lingas on rocks by the banks of river Shalmala. Also, each linga, which is the symbol of worship of Lord Shiva, has a carving of Nandi facing it. The place is thronged by pilgrims every Maha Shivratri owing to its religious significance.
The Sahyadri range holds treasures beyond measure. Yana Caves is one such example. Two sooty rock hillocks, made of crystalline limestone can be seen rising sharply above a blanket of green forest. They have been named—Bhairaveshwara and Mohini, after two mythological characters. The former embodies a self-manifested Shiva Lingam while there is an idol of Goddess Parvati inside the latter. The cave temple is also popular for Shivratri celebration by locals. A simple trek of 3kms through a thick, damp forest is all you need to get there. The area is also apt for nature walks to observe its biodiversity.
About Mirjan Fort
Once owned by a queen, the unique structure of Mirjan fort brings royalty back to life! She was named as the “Pepper Queen” by the Portuguese for her abundant trade in the commodity. The fort’s double-walled ruins, lavishly spread over 10 acres, boast of splendid planning and architecture. The watch tower, the deep well, the bastion, the prayer area and the kitchen are hard to miss. Visit the fort to relive its glory!
Day 0, 18th November, Friday
21:30 - CSTM @ Platform Number: 14
Meet Travel Trikon Buddies and embark on your journey
Catch 12133/Mangalore Superfast Express @ 22:00
22:33 – Thane
23:12 – Panvel
Overnight train journey
Day 1- 19th November, Saturday
09:00 am Reach Kumta
10:00 am Reach Honnavar (30km from Kumta), Freshen up
12:00 pm Explore Sahasralinga,Lunch
07:00 pm Back to hotel
09:30 pm Dinner
10:00 pm Night Walk on the Beach
Day 2-20th November, Sunday
06:00 am Wake up call
07:00 am Have breakfast and gear up for the day
08:30 am Check out from hotel
11:00 am Reach Yana caves, start exploring and photography
02:00 pm Enjoy packed lunch
03:00 pm Proceed towards Kumta station
04:50 pm Board train from Kumta for Mumbai
Day 3-21st November, Monday
06:35 am Reach Mumbai
• Traveling from Mumbai to Mumbai
• Dormitory Accommodations at Honnavar
• Food: Day 1 - Lunch , Dinner; Day 2 - Breakfast , Lunch
• Travel Trikon expertise charges
• Food ordered in train journey
• Any personal expenses such as soft drinks etc.
• Anything other than above mentioned inclusion
• At times we might have to rely on Public transport for covering short distances
• Amount of Rs. 2,000 needs to be deposited for booking which is non refundable. Rest of the payment to be done 14 days before the event start date.
• If you miss the train, you miss the trek. No refunds shall be entertained for the same.
Please call on +919819021806 / +919920474297 for any query.
For any other information, please drop us an email with your name and phone number at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write the subject of the mail as ‘Trikon #175 Hidden Gems of Uttara Kannada’
Please expect a delay in response for any queries on Saturday & Sunday as Travel Trikon Team will be travelling to some or the other event. Thanks for your understanding & co-operation.
Look forward to having you with us!
Team Travel Trikon
Connect | Explore | Unwind