NaturalisT & Ecotrails organizes 'Trek to Harihar' - a one day Trek to Harihar Fort.
Harihar fort appears to be rectangular in shape from its base village. It is built on a triangular prism of rock. Its three faces and two edges are absolutely vertical (90 degrees). The third edge towards the west is inclined at an angle of 75 degrees. A one meter wide rocky staircase with niches in it is carved out for ascending & descending the fort. There are 117 steps in all. The fort has got a tapering plateau with a raised level in the middle. There is a small temple of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva on the plateau. A small pond is there in front of this temple. Water from this pond can be used for drinking. It was climbed for the first time in November 1986 by Doug Scott, the legendary Himalayan mountaineer & took him two days to do the climb. This cliff is about 170 meters in height.
Height: 3600 feet
Min: 05 participants
Max: 30 participants
Contribution: 950/- per person
Booking amount: 450/- per person and pending before the start of the event
Please note: Booking amount won’t be refunded if participant does not show on the event day
· Transport from CST to Kasara & back
· Breakfast and Evening Snacks
· Expertise charges
· Transport till CST
· Emergency medical evacuations
· Insurance or any item/event not mentioned in the inclusions list
06:30 AM: - Reach CST station
06:55 AM: - Catch a local for Kasara
09:15 AM: - Reach Kasara
09:30 AM: - Breakfast
10:00 AM: - Move for Nirgudipada by Jeeps
12:00 PM: - Reach Nirgudipada (Base)
12:30 PM: - Start Trek
03:00 PM: - Reach Top and explore the fort.
04:00 PM: - Start descend
06:00 PM: - Move for Kasara
08:00 PM: - Reach Kasara Station
08:15 PM: - Move for CST
1. 3 litres water (compulsory).
2. Good trekking shoes. Please don’t wear floaters or slippers during hiking for your own safety.
3. Small plastic bag for electronics, wallet but do not carry extra money than required.
4. A double strap bag, sling bag not allowed on trek.
5. Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
6. Carrying Binoculars and Camera is optional.
7. Do not touch any creature or plant without permission.
8. Consumption of alcohol and smoking is strictly prohibited.
9. Carry ready to eat like plum cakes, chocolate bars, snacks and biscuits etc.
10. Do not wear bright colours.
11. Last but not the least we are eco travellers which itself explains littering is prohibited in every step you take.
12. Participants to carry their own lunch
Account Holder name: Ecobasics Ecology Consul and Ser P L
Bank name: YES Bank
Branch: Goregaon West.
IFSC Code: YESB0000117.
Account number: 011785800001574.
Type of Account: Current A/c
For confirmations, queries and registration please contact
Sachin Rane: 08898114024
Punit Gandhi: 09773652125