Dhak is one of the most exciting and challenging treks in the Karjat region. Dhak Bahiri is located in the middle of a cliff of Dhak fort. There are three access routs to the fort. One is Jambhiwali, second is Rajmachi and the third is Sandshi.
Our trek route begins from Jambhivali village. From Jambhivali we have to ascent through fairly dense jungle up to a steep gully. From here the real challenge begins.
We have to traverse a rock patch of around 70 degrees gradient. After the rock patch we have to climb using the support of a wooden log which sways preciously .After and only after you climb the log can you reach the safety of the cave.
There is a water hole in the cave. The water is ice cold in every season and used for cooking purpose by the villagers. The cave is an impromptu temple of Lord Bahiri where sacrifices are carried out on regular basis.
Fees : Rs. 1350/- (Per person)
Difficulty Level : 4 (Hard)
Endurance Level : 3 (Medium to High)
Whats Included in Fees
> Transport by Private Vehicle.
> Breakfast , Packed lunch, Tea and Snacks on Sunday.
> European Standard climbing Equipment.
> Expert Rock climbng Team to guide the participants.
> First Aid kit.
Key Features of the Forest
> One of the most famous semi technical adventure treks
>Highly thrilling experience because of deep valley along the route
> Rappelling of approx 80ft
SCHEDULE OF THE TREK
Meeting Time and Place Fergusson college main gate on Saturday at 11pm Sharp!
> Leave from Fergusson college main gate by 11:00 p.m.
> Reach Jambhivali by 1 a.m .
> Night halt at Jambhivali.
> Wake up call at 5.00 am
> Fresh'n'up and have tea and breakfast
> Departure for Kundeshwar temple & further towards Dhak by 6.30am sharp
> It will take about 3 Hrs to reach base of Bahiri Caves and futher 1.30Hrs to climb to summit
> Packed Lunch in the caves and start return journey by 1pm
> Back to Jambhivali by 5pm
> Start return Journey by 6:00 p.m.
> Back to Pune by 9.30pm
* TrekDi reserves right to modify schedule as per the situational requirement without any prior notification
What to bring
1. Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggage packed in plastic bag.
2. Complete spare set of clothes & socks
3. Water bottle (atleast 1.5 ltr) compulsory
4. Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal medication
5. A sweater/warmwear/rainwear (as per the season)
6. Good trekking shoes (sandles, chappals, floaters not permitted)
7. A sleeping bag / Thermocol mat and shawl / normal satranji and shawl: (only for overnight treks)
8. Torch with Extra pair of Batteries
9. Camera, Binocular (Optional)
log on www.trekdi.com
or Call Trek'Di Office on 7774037070
or Pinakin on 9822444963
or write to us at email@example.com