DarkGreen adventures invites you for a thrilling night trek to prabalgad.
Prabalgad Fort is located between Matheran and Panvel at an elevation of 2,300 feet. It was built at the pinnacle of the rocky plateau very close to Matheran. Previously, the fort was known as Muranajan and renamed by the Maratha forces under the rule of Chhatrapati Shivaji.
There is a dense forest on the way till the top of fort Prabal. This fort can be approached via steep climb of a waterfall route (water flows only during monsoon).
Duration of the Outing: 1 Night/ 1 Day
Difficulty Level: Medium
15th October, Saturday
20:00 - Meet at Panvel Railway Station and move towards base village
21:00 - Reach base village, have introduction and start the night trek to ‘Prabalmachi’.
23:30 - Reach Prabalmachi, have dinner and masti. Overnight Stay at Prabalmachi.
16th October, Sunday
05:30 - Wake-up call & morning chores
06:00 - Start ascending towards Prabalgad.
08:30 - Reach Prabalgad plateau, have breakfast and explore the fort
11:30 - Start descending back to Prabalmachi
13:30 - Reach prabalmachi and have lunch.
15:00 - Start descend to base village
16:00 - Reach base village
17:30 - Back to Panvel Station (tentatively)
-.Travel till base village from Panvel and back
- Saturday night Dinner
- Sunday Breakfast and Lunch
- Group Accommodation at Prabalmachi
- Expertise charges
- Train tickets to Panvel
- Anything not mentioned above
Krishna: 9820285295 (Available on WhatsApp)
Before you call, please note
1. Read the event itinerary at least once
2. Expected batch size is 20-30. We don’t provide current booking info till the bookings are closed
3. All our trips are gender friendly and we had 30-50 percent female participants in all of our earlier trip.
--- Send your money to following account ---
Name - Krishna Kuya
Bank – IDBI, New Panvel
Account no: 1171 0400 008 0556
Account type: Savings
IFSC code – IBKL0000023
Things to carry:
- Medical and consent form -https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDsRRLH0uscR1J1VWJ1aHhPV3c/
- 3 litre water (compulsory)
- Good trekking shoes or sport shoes. Preferably carry an extra pair of sandal or sleeper
- A blanket and bedsheet
- A torch
- A double strap bag. Sling bag not allowed in trek
- We appreciate people carrying juice packets and fruits like pears, pomegranate, dates etc