“Cause I'd get a thousand hugs, from ten thousand lightning bugs, as they tried to teach me how to dance! ” –Fireflies, Owl City.
A firefly is actually a beetle. A one of a kind insect which emit Bioluminescence to impress its female counterpart. It’s a celebration, before the shower of love (monsoon)!
Witness the glowing magic of millions of flies through your naked eyes, and capture this mesmerizing action with your lens.
Bhandardara is a treasure of natural beauty with a touch of the old world charm. The sun here glitters elegantly with its silver reflections cutting through the water till the shore; and the daily commute from one point of the lake to another even today is done by the old school boats.
Join us for an extravagant camping fun where we will not just camp besides the lake, have a campfire, music and delicious food. Whatever we will do, we will make sure to have crazy experiences and countless memories!!!
Dates – 3rd - 4th June
Time – 3:30 PM
Meeting point – Ticket counter, Kasara Railway Station
GPS Location - https://goo.gl/maps/XeckWarYWDN2
Charges – Rs. 2,000
Includes – Evening snacks/BBQ, Dinner, Breakfast, Accommodation in tents, mattress inside, nature walk at night, transport from Kasara railway station and back.
Excludes – Lunch, anything not mentioned above.
Register yourself by paying online through our website - http://carvantrips.com/package/Camping-With-the-Fireflies-at-Bhandardara
03:30 PM – Meet at Kasara Railway Station and leave for the campsite together
05:30 PM – Arrive at the campsite and explore the place
06:30 PM – Start pitching your tents/BBQ setup
07:30 PM – Collect woods for campfire/BBQ
09:00 PM – Have your delicious dinner
10:00 PM – Leave for a night walk to see fireflies (30 mins trek 1 way)
12:00 PM – Retire for the night
08:00 AM – Get Fresh and have your breakfast
09:00 AM – Take a dip in the cold lake water!
11:00 AM – Departure to your respective destination
Note - Since it is pre monsoon time, there is a possibility of rains. In such case we may stay in a dorm.
Things to wear:
· Full/ Half sleeve T-shirt with stretchable Gym Pants/ Yoga/ Track pants/ Shorts. Please DO NOT WEAR Denims or formals.
· Trekking/ Hiking shoes (Floaters and Sandals are not allowed) or a comfortable pair of sport shoes with a good grip.
Things to be carried by you:
· Water (2 Liters) Compulsory
· Torch (compulsory)
· Personal First Aid Kit
· Jacket/ Sweater for the night
· Cap, goggles, sunscreen etc.
· Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang
· A backpack to carry everything (No handbags or jholas)
· Personal Sanitary Kit
· Extra Pair of Clothes and socks
· A light pair of slippers in the bag (for post trek)
· Sleeping bag (optional)
How to reach?
Catch a CST – Kasara bound train.
Timings mentioned below
12:28 PM – CST
12:41 PM – Dadar
12:52 PM – Ghatkopar
01:10 PM – Thane
02:53 PM – Kasara
Once you reach Kasara, meet us at the ticket counter. For any clarification, feel free to call us.
Terms and Conditions of Service (TACS)
- You (“The user”) understand that there are inherent risks of the services which may or may not be directly provided by Carvan Trips (“Us”/ “The Company”) in which the user may engage.
- The user confirms that they are physically and mentally capable of availing the service.
- The users’ participation is voluntary and the user shall under no circumstance hold Carvan Trips responsible for any injury, accidents, illness and damage to or loss of personal property as the result of any incident or accident that may occur during the period of service.
- The conduct and behavior of the user should not cause distress or harm to anyone including other user members, Carvan Trips’ staff, service providers etc; in which case we/ service providers reserve the right to ask you to immediately leave, or in certain circumstances, hand you over to the appropriate authorities, in which case the financial liability would be of the user.
- If for any reason the user wishes to abruptly end the trip before its scheduled completion, or is unable to participate due to being unfit, we will not be responsible to provide any refund and the financial liability for making any alternate arrangements would be of the user.
- The user is responsible to follow the instructions of the leader/ service provider and the user has to bear all the expenses which may arise in case for medical exigency or any emergency condition.
- Cuts, bruises and minor injuries are normal for an adventure activity. First aid kit is provided and the coordinators are trained to respond in such situations. Carvan trips take all the reasonable steps to provide basic safety required for the particular activity.
- During the trip, the trip leader’s decision will be final decision, whatsoever.
- Carvan trips hold the rights to change the itinerary or even cancel the activity in case of any unexpected change in weather or other unpredicted situations occur that are beyond our control. Carvan trips will not be liable for any costs such as travel or accommodation incurred by the participant in such circumstances.
- All activities are described as accurately as possible; however, the exact arrangements may differ slightly on any given day. Photographs are used for representation purpose and should be taken as a guide only.
- It is mandatory to disclose any personal medical conditions so that prior arrangements can be made. Carvan trips do not hold any responsibility for the outcome of any undisclosed medical condition during the trip.
- Drinking is illegal in public.
- Carvan Trips is not responsible for any unforeseen damage brought to participant's personal belongings or personal vehicle during the trip.
- If participants are found violating the rules, Carvan trips reserve all the rights to remove the participant from the group. In such situation, no refund shall be provided.