Day Trek on Sunday Aug 3rd 2014
Where are we going: Siddhagad (3223 ft)
Which Region : Malshej Ghat
We travel from: Mumbai to Mumbai
What mode of Transport : AC Tavera or Equivalent
What is the reporting time: 5:45 am
Which Route : Bandra, Thane
Drive Duration : 2.00 hrs
Trek: 1 day
How much does it cost: Rs 1300/ per person
Cost Includes: Transportation, Meals (BF, Lunch and Eve tea and Snacks) and a trail pack for the walk
Siddhagad is one of the best one-day treks known for its wonderful forest trek and is situated amidst Bhimashankar and Gorakhgad. To get to Siddhaghad, you have to first get to Narivali. The walk starts from this village. The overall trek from Narivali to the top is about 3.5-4 hours at a fairly moderate pace. To get to Narivali one has to travel via Kalyan-Murbad.
There are two parts to the fort. Siddhagad Machi (plateau) and Balekilla (Citadel). A small village Siddhghadwadi with a school exists on Siddhagad Machi. The top most point is Ballekilla. From here Gorakhghad, Bhimashankar, Machindraghad are all seen. The view of the village on Siddhaghad Machi is equally beautiful. Siddhaghad is the only fort I was told contributed in the independent war against the British (1857-1947). Therefore it is considered one of the most important forts in the Sahyadri.
Terms and Conditions:
1. Bohemain Adventures will take utmost care to see to it that your trip is successful and without any glitches. However, the participants will enrol for these trips at their own will and risk. BA will not be responsible for any illness, injury or accident encountered.
2. All participants will adhere to the environment codes attached along with the itinerary.
3. Requisite guest information form and the indemnity bond will be given to be duly filled and signed by the participant before the trek.
4. Participants are expected to take utmost care of their personal belongings. BA will not be responsible for the damage or loss of any personal belonging during the course of the trek.
6. BA reserves the right of admission to any participant on the trip depending on the fitness condition of the participant.
7. BA reserves the right to change the itinerary in the best interest of all participants, keeping in mind the weather conditions.
8. Participants may be requested to help out in certain camp activities for their own learning and merriment.
9. The consumption of alcohol (in any form) is NOT permitted on the trek.
Payment and Cancellation Policy:
1. Participants will be confirmed only on full payment of the trek at least 1 week in advance
2. Cancellation: 100% of the payment will be retained if the cancellation is made one day prior to the trek. Cancellation 2 days prior to departure will result in 50% retention of total amount, cancellation 3 days will result in 25% retention of total amount and cancellation 4 days prior to departure will result in 10% of the total amount being retained.
In the event of the cancellation of a trip due to any act of god such as floods or any other natural calamity BA will refund the entire amount to the participants (less the administrative and handling expenses.
Write in to us at email@example.com or call on +919820403174 if you need a detailed itinerary for the above trip