Velas is a Village in Konkan Ratnagiri District which is also one of the popular breeding sites of Olive Ridley Turtles, which visit Velas every year & lay their eggs. To Protect and conserve these turtles ,Turtle conservation movement is undertaken by villagers. The Turtle festival is annually organized by Sahyadri Nisarga Mitra & Kasav Mitra Mandal in February & March Months. This festival is attended by nature lovers, Marine turtle enthusiasts & various travelers.
To watch baby turtles coming out of eggs & crawling on sand, heading towards the sea is a lifetime & beautiful experience.
Velas is also famous for its clean beach & delicious Konkani food.
Harihareshwar: It is popular tourist destination in Konkan for its beautiful temples & beaches. Harihareshwar,is also known as Dakshin Kashi due to its ancient Temple of Lord Shiva.
It is nestled in the nature with three hills named Harihareshwar, Harshinachal & Pushpadri.
Bankot: Bankot is a square shaped fort. This was the first residency of the British Raj in Southern Konkan. This is one rarely visited fort. The main entrance (Mahadarwaja) of the fort is north-facing with a well sculpted arch and carvings. On the left, there are steps leading towards Nagarkhana while there is an underground storey and a tunnel on the right. On the west, there is a small entrance (Darwaja) leading to a Bastion on the exterior of the fortifications.
• On 14th April, 10.00 pm at Borivali Railway Station AC 700 Bus Stop
• 11.00 pm Nahur (E) Railway Bridge near Kotak Mahindra Bank ATM
• On 15th April, Reach Velas by 6.00 am & head to Velas Beach for Festival
• Come back to Our Homestay and head to Bankot fort post breakfast
• Lunch at Velas & go again to see turtle hatching in evening
• Dinner & Night stay at Velas
• On 16th April , in early morning Visit Velas for turtle hatching
• Post breakfast , visit hairhareshwar Temple & Beach
• Post lunch, head towards Mumbai by 3 pm.
• Reach Mumbai by 10 pm
Pl note that Emergence of Hatchlings of turtles is a natural process. So we cannot give guarantee of emerging possibility of turtles on the mentioned dates
Tour Fees: Rs 3200/- (This includes Veg Meals , AC Transport from Borivali to Borivali & Simple Homestay Acco.)
• Confirmation of names is subject to payment of tour fee Rs 3200/-
• Organizers have authority to make any kind of changes in the program without prior intimation
For enrollment contact us:
Shweta Bandbe: 9892691821
Akshay Mulye: 9819212975
(Photo Credit – Sonal Bandbe)