Ratangad is probably best scenic fort in Maharashtra. situated near Bhandardara Dam in the Igatpuri region, Nagar District. It is situated at an altitude of 4255 feet above the sea level. We will get spectacular views of Sahyadri as you get in Grand CanyonS.
History: Ratangad is about 2000 years old, is famous for the Amruteshwar temple at the base village, Ratanwadi. This temple was built by Raja Jhanj in 6th century. The architecture of this temple was in Hemadpanti style.
What to see on Ratangad …..
· Catch Kasara Local on 10:50 pm at CSTM ON 30TH Oct.
· Dadar – 11:05, Kurla – 11:13, Thane – 11:34, Dombivali – 11:50, Kalyan – 12:07.
· We will alight at Kasara and take a private jeeps to reach Ratanwadi. We will reach Ratanwadi at 5 am. After Breakfast, we will climb the fort in 3 Hours.
· After lunch, we will explore the fort. Rest in the cave.
· After breakfast, Climb down to ratanwadi on Sunday.
Trek Fees: Rs. 1700/- (This includes tea, breakfast, lunch, one dinner, snacks and private transport from Kasara to Kasara).
· For enrollment contact us:
Santosh Bhide: 9769150130 Shweta Bandbe: 9892691821
Akshay Mulye: 9819212975 Vaibhav Bhosle: 9820480382
· Visit us at www.aasamant.com