SINDHUDURGA lies on the southernmost tip of Konkan region, blessed with a coast-line of 121 km. This area has an enviable historical heritage. Picturesque beaches, numerous historical forts, various temples, ample greenery & gurgling rivers. This area is famous for its sea-food with local spices. Tourist enjoys variety of fish foods here.
Forts to See in Sindhudurg:
Sindhudurg: The fort of Sindhudurg was built by Shivaji Maharaj. It is situated on an island which is 1.5 km into the sea of Malvan. The fort walls are 30-40 feet high and there are a total of 42 bastions. This is the only fort that has a temple dedicated to Shivaji Maharaj.
Nivti: Nivti fort is situated near Kochre village. It is situated on a hillock 50m above the sea-level. There is a moat surrounding the fort walls. The fort was of importance from a naval perspective to keep a watch over coastal movement in the Malvan-Goa region.
Trikhol: TRIKHOL is situated at the border of Maharashtra-Goa on the bank of TRIKHOL River. The fort has strong fortification on all sides. It was built by the Marathas but has changed hands many times between the Portuguese and the Marathas.
Vijaydurg: Situated at the mouth of Waghotan creek, the fort was built by Shilahars in 12th century. The fort was expanded and fortified by Shivaji Maharaj after he conquered it from Adilshah. This fort has 3 layered walls and a total of 27 bastions which are still in good condition. Vijaydurg was the headquarters of the naval wing of the Marathas.
Devgad: The fort is situated on a hillock near Devgad port. Maratha naval commander Kanoji Angre built the fort in 1705 to provide security to the port. The fort area is vast and covers almost 120 acres. The bastions of the fort are still in good condition. There is a Ganesh mandir and light-house on the fort.
Temples to visit in Sindhudurg:
1. Sagareshwar Mandir
2. Rameshwar Mandir
3. Jai (Suvarna)Ganesh Mandir
4. Redi Ganapati
5. Vetoba Mandir
Beaches to enjoy in Sindhudurg:
1. Tarkarli Beach - long & narrow stretch of beach with pristine waters & water sports.
2. Bhogave Beach - Bhogave Beach is in the vicinity of Nivati Fort and is endowed with foamy waves and silver sand.
3. Devbagh Beach – It is a beautiful beach town near Tarkarli. It is the place where Karli river and Arabian sea meets each other called ‘SANGAM’.
4. Ubhadanda Beach – This beach is known for its naturally formed sand hillocks
1. Dolphin Safari
2. Snorkeling (Optional)
3. Scuba Diving (Optional)
4. Water-sports - Speed Boat, Banana Boat Ride, Kayaking etc. (Optional)
· Departure – Thursday, Jan 12, 2017 by Rajyarani Exp from Dadar ( Central Railway ) at 00:05 am
· Day 1 - Thursday, Jan 12, 2017
- We will reach Kankavli at 10 am and travel to Devgad by Private bus.
- We will start our tour by visiting Devgad fort
- After lunch we will proceed towards Vijaydurg
- After visiting Vijaydurg, we will visit Girye Rameshwar Mandir
- Night stay at Devgad.
· Day 2 – Friday, Jan 13, 2017
- After morning breakfast, we will proceed towards Kunkeshwar & Bharadi Devi Mandir
- we will proceed towards Nivati fort, explore the fort & lunch
- After lunch, we will proceed towards Terekhol Fort
- Redi Ganpati darshan.
- In the evening, we will visit Jai Ganesh Mandir
- Night stay at Malvan.
· Day 3 – Saturday, Jan 14, 2017
- Wake up early morning and go for Dolphin safari
- After that we will visit Sindhudurg Fort and enjoy *Snorkeling and *Scuba diving
- After Lunch we will enjoy *water sports at Malvan Dandi Beach
- Evening free for Malvan market Shopping (Cashew nuts, Khatkhate Laadu, Mango and Jackfruit Sweet (sattha) & Malvani Khaaja)
- Night stay at Malvan
· Day 4 – Sunday, Jan 15, 2017
- After breakfast we will proceed towards Kudal
· Return Journey – Sunday Jan 15, 2017 by Mandovi Exp from Kudal at 11:00 am
· Reach Mumbai at 09:30 pm on Sunday
· INR 8500/- per person on Twin Sharing basis
· (INR 1000/- discount for full Veg Meal package)
· INR 5000/- for children below 10 years
· Cost Includes – Mumbai – Kudal – Mumbai Railway Sleeper Ticket, Local Travel by Pvt Bus, Entry Fees and Budget Hotel Acco. On Twin Sharing basis, Veg & Non Veg Malvani meals.
· Cost Excludes - Water Sports, Snorkeling & Scuba Diving charges
· Confirmation of names for Participation is subject to payment of Advance of Rs. 5000/-
· Organizers are not responsible for safety of any valuable items of participants
· Organizers have the authority to make any kind of changes in the program without prior intimation
For enrollment contact us: @ www.aasamant.com
Santosh Bhide : 9769150130 Akshay Mulye : 9819212975
Vaibhav Bhosle : 9820480382 Shweta Bandbe : 9892691821