Alang Fort is a fort in Nashik district, Maharashtra, It is one of the three forts, the others being Madangad
and Kulang, in the Kalsubai range of the Western Ghats. Alang, Madan and Kulang, the forts are situated in Kalasubai
range, are the most difficult forts in Nasik District. Dense forest and less population have made these treks difficult.These three forts are little neglected due to very heavy rain and difficult as well as confusing ways to go.
The A-M-K, Alang Mandan Kulang trio fort is a 2 day trek. It is a test of your confidence, endurance, patience, vertigo,thrill balance, physical and mental fitness. Four major rock patches jungle walk rock climbing. Every trekker must do
this trek at least once in his life.
The deadliest Trek in Maharashtra. If you haven't done this one, you haven’t finished the trekking in Maharashtra.
This trek gives a Certificate of testing as a trekker in Sahayadri.
Hope to C u on the trek.
Trek Schedule :- ( 14th Feb 2014 at 10:50 PM Kasara Local From CST )
Catch Kasara Local from the respective Station as per the timings mentioned below
CST :- 10:50 PM
Byculla :- 10:57 PM
Dadar :- 11:04 PM
Kurla :- 11:12 PM
Ghatkopar :- 11 :17 PM
Mulund :- 11 : 27 PM
Thane :- 11 : 36 PM
Dombivali :- 11:54 PM
Kalyan :- 12:03 AM
Kasara :- 01:18 AM
After reaching Kasara one has to gather near the ticket window and after the confirmation of all participants we will move ahead further in Private Vehicles.
# Day 1 – 15th February 2014.
@ 04:00 AM Reaching at Kurangwadi Village. (Base village of Kulang gad)
@ 07:00 AM – Kulang gad platue
@ 08:30 AM @Top of the Kulang gad.
Breakfast @ Kulang Gad Top & Explore the fort.
@10 :00 AM Start descending from Kulang.
@11:00 AM Reach Kulang Plateau & Move towards Alang Gad.
@ 02:30 PM – Reach Alang Gad Patch.
@ 06:00 PM - Reaching Atop of Alang Fort ( Alangad).
Dinner, Campfire and Stay at Alang Fort. .
# Day 2 16th February 2014
@ 05:00 AM Wakeup call at the Campsite ( Alangad Top ) , Freshen Up , Breakfast.
@ 07:00 AM - Moving towards Madangad .
@ 11:00 AM - Rock Climbing and Trek for Madangad.
@ 01:30 PM - Madangad Atop.
Lunch on Madangad.
@ 2:30 PM – Start descending From Madangad & Move towards Ambewadi
@ 06:00 PM –Reached @ Ambewadi
Having Refreshment & Move Towards Kasara.
@ 10:00 PM – Mumbai (Which is Tentative)
Itinerary & Mandatory Things to carry:-
A Water Bottle (~4 Ltrs) Mandatory,
Breakfast for Day 1 Mandatory.
Cap, good trekking shoes, a pair of extra clothes, torch ( with extra batteries )
Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.)
Plate, Spoon, Mug / Cup compulsory
Personal basic medical kit ( carry your routine medicines if any to avoid complications).
Bedding for the day may be a mat or sleeping bag mandatory
Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits
Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
Avoid wearing Gold or any other expensive Ornaments (if Lost owns a sole Responsibility)
A haversack to put all these things please avoid hand bag & Zola Bag.
Bedding for the day may be mat or sleeping bag (Mandatory)
Please go through Rules and Regulation before registration
Rules and regulations.
Do understand that we do not arrange picnics. It follows that if one seeks luxury and absolute comfort then we can hardly help them. ;)
Sa-hi Trekkers believe in being one with nature and that is possible only when we shed all city slicker attitudes. Of course by that we do not suggest that one should be ready for any kind of nonsense.
Utmost care is taken to ensure safety of the group and care is taken that no one is inconvenienced because of factors within our control.
We do expect our Sa-hi friends to understand group dynamics and leave at home their individuality. They should be prepared to share and care. That makes and all the physical and mental exhaustion forgettable and the trek itself become unforgettable! Trust us on this.
Now some basic codes:
1) No littering! Carry your own trash. If you are found littering then we will request you to pick it up. Friends, it is really not nice to throw garbage around and it only reflects upon us. Will we do this to our own houses?
REDUCE, REUSE, AND RECYCLE!
2) Do not disturb the flora and fauna. No making pretty bouquets of grabbed flowers and blooms. No feeding and intimidating birds and other animals. Think how you would feel if someone barges into your house and threatens you. The jungle is THEIR home. So, Capital N O= NO!
3) Remember, the mountain has own mind. Beware and do not make the mistake of taking him for granted. It sounds weird but it’s true. Never take nature as granted.
For your own safety
1) The organizers and you yourself are equally responsible for your safety. We cannot take the blame for injuries or inconveniences arising out of actions outside the organizers instructions and acts of nature.
2) One must understand that the group leader is responsible for the entire group and may have to take some tough decisions at times. If one expects a memorable experience with us then we expect full cooperation and discipline. To sum up, the leader’s decision will be final and binding on all Sahi Trekkers.
3) Finally, the non arguable part. Smoking and other forms of tobacco use and alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited.
Safety measure is to be followed on strict basis,anybody not following will be discarded on the spot.
For Registrations :
Cost: - 1600 /- per person
1. Travel by private vehicle (Kasara to Kasara)
2. 1 Breakfast, 2 lunch, 1 dinner and 1 snack
3. Equipments and expertise charges
One has to deposit Full payment into the Bank account to confirm his / her Registration. (Non-Refundable)
ICICI Bank Saving A/c no: 074001503072 in the name of Mr. Ashish Vinayak Sakhare.
Branch: Near Sion Hospital, Sion(E)
Mumbai. IFS Code: ICIC0000740.
For confirmation and registrations please contact on the below mentioned numbers