We are glad to invite you for exploring mystery of Lonar Crater on 7th-8th November 2015.
*picture sourced from internet
About the Place: Lonar is one of Maharashtra’s best-kept secrets. Home to the Earth’s only hyper-velocity impact crater in basaltic rock, Lonar is named after the demon, Lonasura, and is ringed by fascinating temples, including one with erotic sculptures reminiscent of Khajuraho. The crater was formed fifty-two thousand years ago, when a meteor crashed into the earth at an estimated speed of 90,000kmph, weighing 2 million tonnes. It gouged a hole that was 1.8km wide and 150m deep. Over time, the jungle took over, and a perennial stream transformed the base into a tranquil, green locale. From the pack of meteors that plummet towards the Earth – anywhere from 30,000 to 1,50,000 each year – this is the Earth’s largest and only hyper-velocity impact crater in basaltic rock.
Meeting Point: Dadar Railway Station East at 11:30pm on 6th November 2015
Expenses: INR 5000/- per head.
- Traveling from Dadar to Dadar by Non AC pvt. vehicle.
- All meals during the travel.
- Entry fees wherever required
- Last Day dinner on 8th November 2015
For registration or queries,
Call on : 8425076272 / 8425076270
Write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For SMS Inquiry:
Please drop a message as “trek inquiry” at 8425076270, we will get back to you ASAP.
Things to carry:
- A Water Bottle (~2-3 Ltrs),
- Camera, Cell Phone, Cap(Optional)
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Extra pair of clothes.
- Personal medication those who require it regularly.
- A haversack to put all these things
Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
Let’s enjoy the nature in Wanderers style with rules and lots of fun
Aberrant Wanderers Team.