Yatri Sahyadri has organized a trek to Vikatgad via matheran (Peb Fort) on 8th July, 2012.
Some basic information about the trek is as follows:
Height: 2100 feet
About the place:
Fort Peb is situated on the Northeast side of Panvel, on Mumbai-Pune road & at a distance of 3-4 km on the west side of Neral. It is assumed that this fort derived its name Peb from the temple of "Goddess Pebi" at the base of fort. The Fort is also known as "Vikatgad ". Historical references clearly indicate that Shivaji Maharaj used the caves on the fort for storing grain.
05:00 am(Sunday Morning) : Reporting at Dadar Station. (pls carry your own return ticket to Karjat Station)
05:34 am: Proceed to Karjat by 5.34am Karjat local. Travel time approx 2 hours.
07.30 am: We will reach at Neral station.
07:30 am to 08.00 am: Break fast & tea at Neral.
08.00 am: Start trek From Neral towards Vikatgad (Peb Fort). Trek time approx 4hrs.
12.00am: Reach at Vikatgad (Peb Fort).
12.00am to 01.00pm: Explore the Fort.
01.00 pm to 02.00 pm : Lunch
02.15pm: Start descending the fort.
05.00 pm: Reach at Matheran.
05.15 pm: Proceed to Neral by private vehicle
06.00 pm to 6.30pm : Evening snacks & Tea.
07.00 pm : Catch return local to Dadar.
Charges: Rs. 350/- per person
Morning breakfast/tea, Lunch, Evening snacks/tea & traveling from neral to matheran & back.
Expert Guidance for the trek. : Neral – Vikatgad (Peb Fort) – Neral.
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry for the trek:
1. Your own return ticket to Neral station.
2. Waterproof/Water resistant haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has hands free while trekking.
3. A bottle of water (minimum 2Ltrs).
4. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
5. Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits, plate,spoon, glass (all reusable, compulsory).
6. Personal medicines & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution, insect repellant cream (Odomos or similar brand).
7. A good trekking shoes and extra clothes (compulsory).
REGISTRATION PROCESS: Please note that "attending" RSVP on Facebook will not be considered as a valid registration. Please register your self by visiting our website www.yatrisahyadri.com. Please confirm your seat before 5/7/2012.
Registration will be on ‘FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS’ for the first 30 registrations only.
Do feel free to contact us for any queries / clarifications.
For Registration & more details, contact Our "Yatri’s".
Nityanand Naik: 9819818132
Suhas Sagvekar : 9820257757
Srikant Pillai: 7666905040/9920305779.
Visit us on: www.yatrisahyadri.com.