Greetings ! ! !
Dukes Nose Rappelling.
The most prominent rock structure that overhangs from the valley to the right when we drive up to Lonavala is Duke's Nose.
Dukes Nose also known as Nagphani, is a Cliff which is pointed like a snakes pointed head portion (hood) and hence the name Nagphani (Nag means snake and phani means hood). The name Dukes’nose is derived as the cliff looked like the shape of the Duke. This is a wonderful trekking spot nearby Lonavala. Half an hour walk from kurwande village takes you to the top of Duke’s nose. Right on the top of the Duke's Nose is small temple and mindbowing view!!! Rappelling down 300 ft is really breathtaking due to roaring winds, Foggy atmosphere & of course Deep Valley. Rappelling from the Dukes Nose is quite thrilling experience with 90 Degree Rappelling in a combination of Overhang & Deep Valley View.
- Last Date of enrolment : 05-Jan-2016
- Departure time : 09th Jan 2016, 11:30 pm on from Sanjay Gandhi National Park Gate, Borivali East. We shall reach Dukes Nose base village by 4:00 am.
- Arrival Time : 10th Jan 2016, 10:00 pm Borivali.
- Age Group - 15 to 50
- Difficulty Level : Medium
- Batch Limit : 40 Participants
- Mode of transport : Non - Ac Bus from borivali - Dukes Nose - Borivali
- Route : Borivali - Fountain Hotel - Ghodbunder Road - Kapurbawdi, Majiwada Circle - Kalwa - Airoli - Khandala - Kurwande Village.
Rs 1800/- per person.
Things to carry :
1) Three litres of water*
2) Cap, Hat, glares, scarf
3) Good rubber soul Shoes*
4) One Mug for tea
5) Warm Pullovers
6) Extra pair of clothes
7) Full Body covering Clothes*
8) Basic Bedding
9) Power Banks
10) Ruck Sack*
11) Own medicines if any
* - indicates mandatory.
Important Notes :
1) No Hukkah, tobecco, smoking, and alcohol consumption
2) No Rubber Printed T- Shirts
3) No loud music
4) Respect Locals
5) No shorts, 3/4ths, sleeveless, floaters, sandals,chappals
6) If any participant, wants to travel on his own then charges would be Rs 1000/-, Which would include all mentioned above, but transport.
7) If any participant wishes to join on Friday night and return on Saturday, then please contact on numbers mentioned below.
For Booking and further information please contact :
Sameer Bhatkar - 9819 02 95 75
Abhishek Kulkarni - 9920 58 79 16
Vipin More - 9892 68 67 94