Hidden Grand Canyon of India...GANDIKOTA
Gandikota is a small village in the Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh that is known for its spectacular gorge (“Gandi” in Telagu) formed by river Pennar that cuts through the Erramala hills.
The other major attraction that allure the visitors is the ancient & magnificent Gandikota fort that sits majestically on top of the gorge. The fort has 2 beautiful ancient temples (Madhavaraya & Ranganatha Swamy), Jamia Masjid, Chaar Minar, large Granary and graceful Pigeon Tower.
Belum Caves, India’s Largest & Longest Caves System :The Belum Caves have long passages, galleries, spacious caverns with fresh water and siphons. This natural underground cave system was formed over the course of tens of thousands of years by the constant flow of underground water. The cave system reaches its deepest point (46 m (151 ft.) from entrance level) at the point known as Pataalaganga.
It’s a Lord Shiva temple constructed by King Harihara Bukka Raya of the Sangama Dynasty of the Vijayanagara Empire in the 15th century. The temple has beautiful Pushkarini Pond .The devotees believe that the Nandi idol in front of the temple is continuously increasing its size.
Siddavatam Fort :
Sidhout Fort, constructed in 1303 AD, lies on the banks of the Pennar River. We can view gateways and decorated pillars at the two ends of the fort. Top of the fort has been adorned with carvings of Gajalakshmi.
The 17 square bastions which once used to protect the region are still visible in the fort. The temples present inside its premises include the Ranganayaka Swamy Temple, Siddheswara Temple, Durga Temple and the Bala Brahma Temple.
• 13th Oct , Catch CST Chennai Exp at 14:00 Hrs, reach Tadipatri at 7:30 am on 14th Oct
• Reach Yaganti Temples by 9 am, explore and move for Belum caves
• Explore Belum caves and move for Gandikota fort after lunch. Explore the fort and historical monuments & enjoy Sunset view from Grand Canyon
• Overnight at Gandikota Hotel
• On 15th Oct, In morning Move towards Siddhavaram fort. Explore till lunch
• Move towards Cuddapah Station, Catch Mumbai Exp at 16:40 Hrs, Reach Mumbai at 13:25 Hrs on 16th Oct.
Tour Cost: INR 6,200/- per person
• Includes Veg Meals, Sleeper Class Train Ticket To & Fro Mumbai, Sightseeing by Private Transport, Double/Triple based Accommodation at Gandikota
• Cost Excludes – Camera Charges, Meals in Train Journey, Mineral Water & any other Personal expenses.
• Confirmation of names for Participation is subject to payment of adv. payment of Rs. 3000/-
For enrollment contact us:
Akshay Mulye : 9819212975 S
Shweta Bandbe: 9769150130