Yatri Sahyadri has organized a trek to Harihar Gad on July 05, 2015.
Some basic information about the trek is as follows:
Fort: Harihar gad (a.k.a. Harshgad)
Height: 1120 mts/3676 fts
Range: Upper Vaitarna
Coordinated: 19°54'18"N 73°28'19"E
FortHarihar is a triangular massif with sheer vertical walls & edges. The only way up the fort is by climbing rock cut steps in a 70 degree rock edge. There are a couple of caves, a storage house, water tanks, a pond & a temple atop the fort. The top offers one a birds eye view of the entire region & also gives one the gratification of having gotten over the fear of heights.
00:00 am(Sunday midnight: July 4,2014) : Reporting at Dadar Station. (Please carry your own return ticket to Kasara Station)
00:32 am: Proceed to Kasara by 00:32 am last Kasar local. Travel time approx 2 ½ hours.
3:00 am: We will reach at Kasara Station.
03.00 am to 04.00 am: Halt @ Kasara Station.
04:00 am: Proceed to Nirgurpada (BaseVillage) by private vehicle.
05.30 am: Will Base village & have a morning breakfast.
06.30 am: Proceed towards fort
08.30 am: Will reach on top of the fort
08.30 to 09.30 am: Explore the Fort.
09.30 to 11.30 am: Start descending the fort
11.30 am to 01.00 pm: Will have a lunch
01.30 pm: Proceed to Kasara Station
03:00 pm: Reach Kasara Station
03:43 pm: Catch CST local
05:45 pm: Reach Dadar station
Charges: Rs. 700/- per person
Transportation to base village & back to kasara, Morning breakfast/tea, Lunch
Here is a list of all the things that we need to carry for the trek:
1. Your own return ticket to Kasara station.
2. Waterproof/Water resistant haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has hands free while trekking.
3. A bottle of water (minimum 2 Ltrs).
4. Camera (Optional), Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
5. Electoral / Enerzyl powder, 2 Lemon, some snacks & biscuits, plate,spoon, glass (all reusable, compulsory).
6. Personal medicines & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution, insect repellant cream (Odomos or similar brand).
7. A good trekking shoes and extra clothes (compulsory).
REGISTRATION PROCESS: Please note that "attending" RSVP on Facebook will not be considered as a valid registration. Please register your self by visiting our website www.yatrisahyadri.com. Please confirm your seat before.
Registration will be on ‘FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS’ for the first 30 registrations only.
Do feel free to contact us for any queries / clarifications.
For Registration & more details, contact Our "Yatri’s".
Nityanand Naik: 9819818132
Suhas Sagvekar : 9820257757
Srikant Pillai: 7666905040.
Visit us on: www.yatrisahyadri.com.