Nisarga Bhraman invites you to one day monsoon trek to Visapur fort on Sunday, 21st June 2015
Information about Visapur fort:
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3556 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Endurance : Medium
Base Village: Malavali
Visapur and Lohgad are twin forts Situated on the side range of Sahyadri mountains, it divides the basins of Indrayani and Pavana rivers. Within the fort are caves, water cisterns, ruins of a large stone-built house also known as Peshwa's palace. huge carving of Lord Hanuman.
Visapur Fort is larger and also higher than Lohgad fort. Making use of its higher position, the British troops in 1818 AD set up their canons on Visapur and bombarded Lohagarh, forcing Marathas to leave the fort. It was occupied by many dynasties: Satavahanas, Chalukyas, Rashtrakutas, Yadavas, Bahamanis, Nizamshahis, Mughals and Maarathas.
Sunday 21st June:-
Start from Borivali National Park by private bus @ 5.30 in morning
We will be taking Western express highway till Sion-Chembur-Panvel, participants staying on way can board the bus at their convenient pickup point
Reach Malavali by 9.00 am (participants from Pune can join us @ Malavali)
Start trek by 9.30 am
Enjoy trek, explore fort and lunch
Start descending by 2.00 pm
Visit Bhaje caves on way
Reach base village by 4.00 pm
Start return journey by 5.00 pm
Reach Mumbai by 9.00 pm (Subject to traffic)
Cost of the trek would be Rs. 800/-
The cost includes -
• Travel by private bus from Borivali to Borivali
• Breakfast, evening snacks
• Entry charges to Karla caves
• Guide/ NB charges
Note: One need to carry his/her lunch for the day
For more details, contact -
Parag - 9167966042
Sashank – 9869509488
To register for the event one has to handover or transfer the full amount to the account:
Account Holder: Parag Vartak
Bank & Branch: ICICI Bank, Thakur Complex Branch
A/c Number: 037601504142
RTGS/IFSC code: ICIC0001074
Here is a list of the things to be carried by every individual -
• A haversack to put in everything to be carried for the trek
• At least 2 Liters of water
• Extra set of clothes, Towel / Napkin, Cap
• Camera, Something to munch on (Optional)
• Personal medicines required if any
• Identity Proof
Few rules that we would like people to follow -
• Smoking, consumption of alcohol, Drugs, Narcotics is strictly banned on the event & would lead to expulsion from the trek.
• The leader's decision will be final and binding on all members. No arguments will be entertained.
• Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
• Please do not wear any jewelry or gold chains/rings.
• Please do not litter, we believe in the saying, "Wherever you go, leave only your footprints and take back only memories."
Disclaimer: Hiking / Trekking / Rock climbing is an adventurous activity and accidents can happen in spite of taking utmost caution and care. The organization will not be responsible for any injury / accident / death to the participant while on trek.
It is Important to be physically fit while on treks. If suffering from any allergy or ailment, please bring prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia. Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should Take permission from their physicians before treks.
Team Nisarga Bhraman