"Sahayadari Mavale” are excited to invite you for Monsoon Trek To Takmak Fort On 20th Augest 2017
Little Info About The Fort
Height: 2000 ft
The historical Takmak fort is situated in Vasai Tehsil, Thane District. The fort is naturally separated from main hill and surrounded by dense forest. It was built in the 12th century to safeguard the business route by keeping a watch on the activities which enrouted from Mahim (Mahakawati).
Takmak is surrounded by dense trees, and it poses challenge for trekkers to find out the eastern entrance, tunnel at entrance, & the way further to the top, which are mentioned in historical notes.
Since 2007, Mr. Shridatta Raut (Kille Vasai Mohim) has put in continuous efforts towards the maintenance of the fort and found out the remnant and also cleaned one of the cisterns which were used for drinking purpose. There are a total of 13 cisterns available at the fort and contributions are required to find other relic.
The itinerary for the Event is as given below
Meeting Point: Virar Railway Station at 7:00 AM
Start travel towards Sakwaar by Public Transport .
Breakfast on the way.
Reach Sakwaar around 8:30AM.
Start Trek by 8:45 AM.
Reach Takmak Fort by 11:30 AM.
Explore the fort and the surrounding area.
Discussion Round On Maratha's Historical Events- 45 min
Start Descending by 1.30 PM.
Reach Base Village by 4.00 PM.
Reach Virar Railway Station by 5:30 PM.
Evening Snacks on the way.
Things To Be Carried
1. Good Footwear (Mandatory).
2. Water (2 ltr Minimum Compulsory).
3. Afternoon Lunch (Compulsory).
4. Identity Proof. (Mandatory)
5. Cap / Gog / Camera (Optional).
6. Snacks to Eat and Energy Powder.
7. Slippers or floaters (just to relax your feet before & after the trek) (Optional)
8. Personal small medical kit. (Optional)
9. Extra Pair of Clothes
10. Insect repellent cream, sun protection cream (Optional).
11. Other things as per your choice.
12. Haversack to put all these things.
13. Its Monsoon time so please bring your windcheater and pack your stuff accordingly.
The charges for the trek will be Rs. 350 /- per head, which includes
Travelling from Virar to Virar by Public Transport.
Breakfast and Evening Refreshments.
Expertise and Guide Charges.
(Which is Use for "Fort Conservation)
Important Points To Keep In Mind
1. The leader's decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
2. Trekking ,Rock Climbing, Rappelling or any adventure activity is potentially risky
3. Trek may be cancelled or revised depending on the weather or any other unavoidable circumstances.
4. Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
5. We carry safety Equipment's at any point of time,Safety is our First Priority.
Participant will be required to deposit an advance amount of INR 350 (non-refundable) in the following bank account:
• Name: Mahesh Balkrishna Tambe
• Bank: ICICI BANK
• Saving Account no. 056401510179
• IFSC Code: ICIC0000564
• UPI ID: maheshtambe1190@icici
Group Size - 20
For more Details & Registration contact:
Ganesh Pujari -9619339743
Note: - Confirmation will be done through phone call only.
Message/WhatsApp if call is not answered we will call you back once we are free.