Witness the natural glooming light amidst the mountain and dense forest, a perfect ambiance created by the twinkling little fireflies for their mating ritual. Summer is the perfect time when we can experience synchronous twinkling of hundreds of fireflies- one of the most beautiful phenomena in nature. Prabalmachi offers a night with this phenomenal beauty. Lets explore the beauty of nature from a glooming perspective.
Fireflies : Fireflies or lightning bugs are structured with specialized cells in their abdomen which emit light. This process is called bio luminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Pre-monsoon climate is the ideal period for fireflies and glow-worms for mating, they light up to attract their mate. Hundreds of fireflies gather together on a tree displaying their bio-luminescent lights in the dark nights.
Prabalmachi is an unseen offbeat village en-route of Kalavantin & Prabalgad Trek, its name itself indicate its huge plateau & offering magnificent view of Prabalgad Fort & Kalavantin Pinnacle. It is a huge Plateau provides one of best location for camping.
Difficulty level :- Easy
Fees :- 1100/- Pp
- Gathering at 06.00 pm at panvel local railway station ticket counter (west)
- Proceed to Thakurbawdi by Local private Vehicle.
- Reach Thakurwadi & move to Prabalmachi.
- Enjoy the serene view of fireflies lightning your way towards to Prabalmachi.
- Reach Prabalmachi.
- Relish the desi dinner on the plateau.
- Rest under the millions stars, sharing your travel experiences with the like minded people.
- Retire for the day.
- Wake up call @7.00 am
- Freshen up and breakfast
- Start descending. Reach panvel by 11 pm.
- Travel from Panvel to Panvel
- Saturday Dinner (Veg) (You can add on Rs.100/- for non-veg meal )
- Sunday breakfast and refreshments
- Triple Sharing Tented accommodation at night
- First Aid
- Wild Rangers Expertise
- Train tickets to and fro Panvel
- Any kind of personal expenses not mentioned in Inclusions
- Lunch For Sunday
- Anything Which is not Mentioned in inclusion
Things To Carry
- Identity Proof (must)
- Torch with Extra Battery (must)
- Water 3 ltr (must)
- Sleeping bag / bedding
- Glucose / Tang / Electrol Powder (must)
- Ready to eat food (Biscuits ,Plum cakes etc.)
- Good Trekking shoes.
- Extra Pair of clothes
- Medicines if you are taking any.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments
- Haversack to put all your stuff
For Registration one needs to call and SMS us Name and Email Addresses of participant along With alternate contact number, to any of the coordinator mention in below contact and Transfer full payment of event in the account details mentioned below.Or advance payment atleast INR 600 which stays Non refundable in case of cancellations.
A/C Name: – Pallavi Dhanawade
A/C Number: – 911010044825634
IFSC Code: – UTIB0000124
MICR Code: – 400229080
Branch: – Axis Bank, Dadar (East)
Roshan (Mumbai) :- 9028271859 | 8007857825
All our treks are Eco-friendly, kindly take care of nature around us. Smoking and Drinking alcohol during trek is strictly prohibited if anyone found doing that will be expelled from trek without refund. Respect the Heritage and culture. Do Not Litter, Participants are requested to carry the waste back to the city and dispose it off in dustbins. Leader’s decision will be final and binding on all members. No Arguments will be entertained.
WILD RANGERS is not liable in any way whatsoever for any injury or loss (including any indirect or consequential loss) of any kind to person or property suffered by any participant whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, of WILD RANGERS in connection with the WILD RANGERS, including injury or loss incurred whilst participating in any activity of the WILD RANGERS or in any activity in which participants are invited to participate.
Team Wild Rangers
BE A RANGER ! GO WILD !! GO GREEN !!!
Prabalmachi event link http://www.wildrangers.in/events/26-27-may-2018-wild-rangers-fireflies-special-trek-and-camping-at-prabalmachi/
Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/wildrangers/
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/wildrangersindia/