TreksAndHikes Velas Turtle Festival on 10th-11th Mar 2018 Leaving Friday Night
Cost is 2400/- per person
- Mumbai to Mumbai transportation in private (Non-A/c) bus.
- All Meals for the Tour at base village (pure veg) (Breakfast Tea, lunch ,eve snacks tea & dinner)
- Turtle festival charges, Harihareshwar temple entry charges, ferry charges, accommodation charges (pillow matress and blanket will be provided), first aid and Expertise charges.
- Mineral Water And Cold Drinks and Any thing not mentioned above.
- Food during travelling
Batch 01 : 10th-11th Mar 18
Batch 02 : 17th-18th Mar 18
Batch 03 : 24th-25th Mar 18
Batch 04 : 29th-30th Mar 18
Batch 05 : 30th-31st Mar 18
Batch 06 : 31st Mar-01st Apr 18
Batch 07 : 07th-08th Apr 18
Batch 08 : 14th-15th Apr 18
For Registration Call/Whatsapp/SMS:
Velas Turtle Festival 2018
Velas is a small village in Ratnagiri district which is famous for the Olive Ridley turtle population that visits the Velas beach every year and lays their eggs. At Velas, turtle conservation movement is undertaken by the villagers. An NGO named Sahyadri Nisargmitra and the villagers committee has taken the initiative to conserve olive ridley turtles by providing protection to their eggs.Witnessing a baby turtle coming out of the egg and then finding its way to the sea by those baby steps is an unforgettable moment.
The places that will be visiting are:
The itinerary for the tour will be as follows:
- Meeting Point: Pritam Hotel Dadar East @10.00 pm
- Pikcup Point : Chembur Yogi Hotel @10.15 pm
Vashi Below Main Bridge @10.45 pm
Kolamboli McD, near Panvel @11.00 pm
- Pune People :Can meet us at Panvel at 12.00am
- Reach Velas by 05.00am
- Get fresh, Visit Velas Beach at 06:00am for Turtle Festival
- Bankot Fort (15 Minutes Trek)
- Explore Bankot fort
- Return to Velas by 01.30pm
- Lunch at Velas (Veg Konkani Food)
- Rest till evening
- Visit Velas beach for Turtle Festival in the evening at 05:00pm
- Fun time at Velas beach
- Back to House
- Post Dinner Night walk and sharing experience of the day
- Retire for the day
- Wake up at 5.30 am
- Visit Velas Beach for Turtle Festival in Morning at 06:00am.
- Have breakfast and Start for Harihareshwar Temple and Beach by Ferry
- Lunch at Harihareshwar
- Post Lunch, Start our return journey by 03:00pm
- Evening refreshment on the way
- Pune People Drop at Panvel
- Reach Dadar by 10:30pm
Things To Be carried:
- Bottle of water (Atleast 2 Ltrs)
- Camera(Optional) Jackets as it will be cold,
- Cap, etc.,
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits, etc.
- Medicine those if u require usually (Optional)
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
1) Emergence of Hatchlings of turtles is a natural process. So cannot give guarantee of emerging possibility of turtles on the mentioned dates.
2) Velas beach have strong currents ... so won't b allowed to go inside the water
One needs to deposit the amount into the following bank account to confirm his/her registration.
Bank Name: ICICI Bank
Account Name: Treks And Hikes
Account No: 641505000696
Account Type: Current
IFS Code: ICIC0006415
Branch: Vile Parle (W)
For Registration :
Email us : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Limited seats, Registrations on First Come First Serve Basis.
**Cancelation and Refund applicable on the entire trek/tour cost :
1. If cancelation done prior to 10 days of the trek/tour 75% of the total cost will be refunded.
2. If cancelation done prior to 5 days of the trek/tour 50% will be refunded.
3. If cancelation done after that, no refund will be provided.
SMOKING AND DRINKING STRICTLY PROHIBITED DURING THE TREK/TOUR (Offenders will be expelled from the program on the spot)