Visapur Fort is larger and at a higher elevation than its twin fort- Lohagad. Within the fort are caves, cisterns of water, a decorated arch and old houses. These two roofless buildings surrounded by outer or veranda walls said to have once been Government offices. The ruins of a large stone-built house are known as the Peshwa’s palace. In addition to a huge carving of Hanuman, there are also several temple dedicated to him scattered all over the place. Hanuman (or Maruti) was likely the patron deity of Visapur fort. Best for trekking near Mumbai.
Trek Leader – Harpal.
17th June 2018
24th June 2018
1st July 2018
8th July 2018
15th July 2018
22nd July 2018
29th July 2018
5th August 2018
12th August 2018
19th August 2018
26th August 2018
Monsoon Trek to Visapur Event details
- Monsoon Trek to Visapur difficulty level : Easy
- Endurance Level : Medium
- Base village for Visapur : Malavli.
- Visapur Fort Height : 3556 ft. approx.
- Location : Lonavala
- Duration : 1 Day.
- Cost : Rs. 900.
Monsoon Trek to Visapur Event Itinerary
Train timings for Mumbai participants
Move to Malavali by local train
Train timings for Pune participants
Lonavala Local Train
06:35 Shivaji nagar
08:30 Meet at Malavali station and move towards Visapur fort base.
09:30 Start ascend.
12:00 Reach at Visapur fort top and explore.
15:30 Reach at base and Lunch.
16:30 Move towards Malavli station.
17:30 Departure for Mumbai / Pune from Malavli station.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Monsoon Trek to Visapur, no refund will be provided.
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Malavli and back.
- Travel from Pune to Malavli and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Buy ticket here https://www.treksandtrails.org/event-timer/477-trek-visapur-2017
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 900/- per person
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
Once payment is done, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Transaction ID, Participant Name, email ID, mobile phone number, emergency contact number.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Thing to carry
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.