Tikona Fort, also renowned as Vitandgad fort, is a major hill fort in Maval region near the Lonavala. Tikona fort, literally means triangle fort, had witnessed many dynasties ruled in the Maratha region. This was the nerve centre of the many activities of entire Maval Pawna regions. The small hamlet close to the fort is Tikona peth. The fort’s mammoth entrance is a special attraction. The Tikona fort is a great trekking destination for the adventurous tourists. One can get the eye catching views of the Pawna Dam and the forts at Visapur, Tung and Lohagad. The fort encloses a lake, Satvahan caves and the temple of 'Trimbakeshwar Mahadev'. The fort was built during the Silhara dynasty. There is a temple on top of the peak. The view of the Pawna dam, Kathingad and valleys from the top is breathtaking.
Trek Leader – Sarfaraz.
17th June 2018
24th June 2018
1st July 2018
8th July 2018
15th July 2018
22nd July 2018
29th July 2018
5th August 2018
12th August 2018
19th August 2018
26th August 2018
Monsoon Trek to Tikona Fort Details
- Monsoon Trek to Tikona Fort Difficulty Level : Medium.
- Base Village for Tikona Fort : Tikona peth.
- Region : Lonavala.
- Total time required for climbing Tikona Fort : 1 hour one way.
- Duration : 1 Day.
- Tikona Fort Height : 3500 ft. (approx.).
- Cost : Rs. 1000.
Monsoon Trek to Tikona Fort Event itinerary
Board Indrayani Express From CSMT (With ticket till Kamshet)
Time table of Indrayani Express
05.40 Mumbai CSMT
Local from Lonavala
Catch local from Pune
08:09 Shivaji Nagar
09:00 Meeting at Kamshet railway station.
09:30 Journey towards Tikona peth by jeep (base village for Tikona fort).
10:30 Reach at Tikona peth.
12:00 Reach on top and explore.
13:30 Start descend.
14:30 Reach at base village and Lunch.
16:00 Start journey towards Kamshet railway station.
17:00 Reach at Kamshet.
Return journey options
For Mumbai people
Local for Lonavala from Kamshet
17:23 Kamshet / 17:45 Lonavala
18:18 Kamshet / 18:40 Lonavala
Train options from Lonavala
17:59 Mumbai express
18:46 Intercity express
19:23 Indrayani express
For Pune people
Local from Kamshet
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Tikona Trek, no refund will be provided.
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 Lunch.
- Travel Kamshet to Kamshet by Local Jeep.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Kamshet and back.
- Travel from Pune to Kamshet and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Buy ticket here https://www.treksandtrails.org/event-timer/576-trek-to-tikona-fort
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 1000.00 per person in the given a/c
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
Once payment is done, please send an email to email@example.com with Transaction ID, Participant Names, email ID, WhatsApp mobile number, emergency contact number.
Please Call or email for any clarification:
Treks and Trails Mumbai mobile/WhatsApp - 8828746865 / 8828004949
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Thing to carry
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Rain wear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.