About Sondai Fort Trek
Sondai is not popular fort. Sondai is 9 kms from Karjat. It offers beautiful view of Morbe Dam, Prabalgad, Irshal, Rajmachi, Songiri forts and Matheran mountain range. Sondai was used as watch tower. Sondewadi and Wavarle are the base villages of Sondai fort. Sondewadi village is situated at 1/4th height of this fort. There are 2 water cisterns on and steps are carved out of rocks to go on the topmost point where an idol of Sondai Devi stands. Two more water cisterns are on the way and has potable water. Waverle is another village from where a bit difficult approach to the fort passes through the dense forest.
Trek Leader – Neil.
19th August 2018
26th August 2018
2nd September 2018
9th September 2018
16th September 2018
23rd September 2018
30th September 2018
One Day Monsoon Trek to Sondai Fort Event Details
· Sondai Fort Trek difficulty level - Medium
· Sondai fort base village - Sondewadi
· Sondai fort height - 1200 feet
· Time required to climb Sondai fort 2 - 2.5 hours
· Cost: Rs. 750
Monsoon Trek to Sondai fort Event Itinerary
Train option for Mumbai participants
Catch CSMT - Karjat slow local
CSTM - Karjat local timing
Train options for Pune participants
Board Sinhgad express from Pune
06:10 Shivaji Nagar
08:05 Meet at Karjat railway station, near ticket counter.
08:15 Move to Base Village by Tumtum / ST bus.
08:45 Reach at Sondewadi and Breakfast.
09:15 Start ascending.
11:30 Reach on top and explore.
14:30 Reach at Sondewadi and Lunch.
15:45 Journey towards Karjat railway station by Tumtum / ST bus.
16:30 Reach at Karjat railway station.
· People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
· Missing the train is missing Sondai Monsoon Trek, no refund will be provided.
· Please wear trekking shoes for this trek with good grip.
· Carry packed Lunch.
· 1 veg Breakfast.
· Travel Karjat to Karjat by local tumtum/bus.
· Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
· Travel cost from Mumbai to Karjat and back.
· Lunch for the trek.
· Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
· All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
· Any kind of personal expenses.
· Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
· All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
· Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Buy ticket here https://www.treksandtrails.org/event-timer/594-sondai-fort-trek
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs 750 per person in the given a/c
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
UPI ID - 9619095743@axisbank
Once payment is done, please send an email to email@example.com with Transaction ID, Participant Names, email ID, WhatsApp mobile number, emergency contact number.
Please Call for any clarification
Treks and Trails Mumbai mobile/whatsapp 8828746865 / 8828004949 / 9764461419 / 9867046166 ( 11 am to 7 pm only - Monday to Saturday )
· 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
· No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
· Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
· Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Thing to carry
· 2/3 liters of water.
· Lunch for the trek.
· Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
· Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
· Good Torch must with extra battery.
· Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
· One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
· Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
· Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
· Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
· Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
· Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
· Identity Proof.
· Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.