Rajmachi Fort is an historical forts has two stronghold forts, Forts of Rajmachi are Shrivardhan and Manaranjan. Visible from Mumbai Pune Expressway on right hand side of Borghat which is a popular spot near Khandala known as Rajmachi View Point. Rajmachi is a famous spot for trekking in popular Lonavala Hill Stations. Lonavala to Rajmachi Fort is 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala there are many routes to reach Rajmachi Fort. We will be camping at Udhewadi Village located below the two Balekilla. Surrounded by huge waterfalls during monsoon you can view the beautiful kataldhar waterfall from Shrivardhan Fort. Rajmachi Fort has many caves used by trekkers for night halt. Pre monsoon during the rainy season the forest around the forts is glowing with Fireflies at night. You can also trek towards Kondane Caves during monsoon and enjoy the beautiful caves and waterfall. Rajmachi Fort is located strategically overlooking Borghat an historical trade route in Sahyadri Mountains.
Rajmachi Fort History - Source websites
Established by the Satavahanas, this citadel was captured in 1657 by Shivaji Maharaj from the ruler of Bijapur. From 1704 to 1705, it was under the Mughals, before the Marathas regained its control. When the Maratha kingdom witnessed a downfall in 1818, the British took over the ownership of this fort.
Places to visit at Rajmachi Fort
Udaysagar Lake constructed in 1712.
Temple of Mahadev by the side of Udaysagar Lake.
Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shrivardhan and Manaranjan.
Fireflies pre monsoon only.
Kataldhar waterfall during monsoon only.
Trek Leader – Anuj.
16th 17th June 2018
23rd 24th June 2018
30th 1st July 2018
7th 8th July 2018
14th 15th July 2018
21st 22nd July 2018
28th 29th July 2018
4th 5th August 2018
11th 12th August 2018
18th 19th August 2018
25th 26th August 2018
Rajmachi and Kondana Caves Trek Event Details:
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City Lonavala.
- Night Jungle Trail Walk.
- Shivardhan Fort and Manoranjan Fort Exploration.
- Local Village Food.
- Separate Stay for Females.
- Cost: Rs 1600.
Rajmachi & Kondana Caves Event Itinerary
Day 1 – Saturday
We meet at 17:20 Hrs. (sharp) at Lonavala Railway station
Suggested train to board is the 11009/Mumbai CST-Sinhagad Express, timings are:
17:20 Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards base village by Jeep (Half Way).
18:30 to 20:30 Trek towards base village.
21:00 Reach Base Village (8 km trek).
22:00 Dinner - Explore Village and Fireflies
23:00 Stay in Village House Dormitory.
Day 2 - Sunday
07:30 Fort visit and exploration.
13:00 Descend from Rajmachi to Kondhane Caves.
15:30 Visit Kondhane caves.
16:00 Reach Kondhane village & travel towards Karjat Station.
17:00 Disperse at Karjat railway station.
- Travelling Lonavala to base village by Jeep (Half Way).
- 1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast, 1 Veg lunch.
- Treks and Trails India charges if any.
- Villager House Home stay Dormitory.
- Travelling Kondana Village to Karjat Station.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Buy ticket here https://www.treksandtrails.org/event-timer/139-rajmachi-night-trek-and-camping-lonavala
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 1600 per person in the given a/c
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
UPI ID - 9619095743@axisbank
Once payment is done, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Transaction ID, Participant Names, email ID, WhatsApp mobile number, emergency contact number.
Please Call or email for any clarification:
Treks and Trails Mumbai mobile/WhatsApp - 8828746865 / 8828004949
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Thing to carry
Please note : Participant wearing Sports Shoes / Running Shoes / Repaired please buy trekking shoes, Trekking is specialist activity Trekking shoes are must.
- A haversack / Backpack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Rain wear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Please wear full sleeves t-shirts and long pants.
- Identity proof (must).
- Carry Sleeping Bag or Two Bed sheets.
- Torch with new batteries - Compulsory per person.
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc. For Energy while you Trek.
- Glucon D / Energy bars.
- Water (at least 2 - 3 Liters)
- Sun Cap.
- Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Medicine those if you require usually.
- Odomos gel or cream to avoid mosquitoes or insect.