About Naneghat Pass
Naneghat is a mountain pass situated at an elevation of 2600 feet. The trek is famous for its ancient pass it connects the Konkan Coast and Junnar town. Naneghat is a mountain pass in the Western Ghats range near Junnar in Pune district of Maharashtra. While going through Malshej Ghat, we can easily get a glimpse of Naneghat after Murbad. Nane means "coin" and ghat means "pass". As this path was used as a toll booth to collect toll from traders crossing the hills. From the inscriptions in the caves indicate that Satavahana dynasty ruled here and also the Mauryan Empire. We can approach Naneghat via Vaishakhare or via Dahndya.
History of Naneghat Pass
During the reign of the Satavahana, the pass was extensively used as a trade route between Kalyan and Junnar. This was the most important trade route, as it connected harbour of Sopara (now Nalasopara) and Kalyan directly to Junnar and Paithan. Bor Ghat, Malshej Ghat and Naneghat were the foremost road links for commuting coast to the Junnar plateau. The Satvaahans had made Naneghat their main route to Junnar. During their tenure the most important way of commuting was Naneghat, which linked Kalyan & Sopara to Paithan. However, as time proceeded, it was destroyed by alien rulers and then paid no attention.
Once you reach Naneghat trekking point, there is a proper trail from there taking you to the Naneghat. This trail is pretty easy and is five kilometers. Naneghat trekking point just starts off the Ahmednagar-Kalyan road. The trail passes through some patchy forest and mostly dry terrains. When you reach towards the end of the trek, you will see a high point in front of you. You will have to climb to the hill top.
Trek Leader – Manasi.
18th 19th August 2018
25th 26th August 2018
1st 2nd September 2018
8th 9th September 2018
15th 16th September 2018
22nd 23rd September 2018
29th 30th September 2018
Naneghat Trek Event Details
- Naneghat trek difficulty level : Medium.
- Base village for Naneghat : Vaishakhare.
- Region : Malshej ghat.
- Total time required for climbing Naneghat : Maximum 2.5 hrs.
- Duration : 1 day.
- Naneghat height : 2800 ft. (approx.).
- Type : Ancient trade route.
- Travelling by Bus.
- Cost: Rs. 1250.
Naneghat Monsoon Trek Event Itinerary
Day 0 - Saturday
23:00 Meeting at Pritam Da Dhaba, Dadar (East).
23:30 Leave for Naneghat monsoon trek.
24:00 Pick up at Teen hath naka, Thane(West).
Day 1 - Sunday
03:00 Reach at base village and rest in bus.
06:30 Wake up and freshen up.
07:30 Breakfast at base
08:00 Start ascending.
11:00 Reach in caves of Naneghat. Explore and lunch.
13:00 Start descending.
16:00 Reach at base and start return journey to Mumbai.
22:00 Approx. arrival at Dadar – Mumbai.
- Trekkers should carry packed Lunch for this Trek.
- 1 veg Breakfast.
- Travel Dadar to Dadar by private vehicle.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption.
- Lunch for the trek.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Buy ticket here https://www.treksandtrails.org/event-timer/9-naneghat-trekking
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 1250 per person in the given a/c
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
Once payment is done, please send an email email@example.com with Transaction ID, Participant Names, email ID, Whatsapp mobile number, emergency contact number.
Please Call or email for any clarification:
Treks and Trails Mumbai mobile/Whatsapp - 8828746865 / 8828004949
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Thing to carry
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Lunch for the trek.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.